• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I looked at the raw data. The people represented were ridiculously skewed towards Democrats, as much as 2:1.

Raylon Rules

I am Groot
    Feb 19, 2013
    C.C.C.M.D.
    If you believe that, I've got a couple of bridges I'd like to sell you.

You can make a poll, or for that matter, a "scientific study," say anything you want it to.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Prepare yourselves, this is the future of America. Conservatism dies with the Baby Boomers.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Looks like I jumped the gun in sharing Emily Miller's article. On Facebook she has an update:

Emily Miller said:
    The poll showing overwhelming majorities favor a national gun registry appears skewed with too many liberals and Democrats. For example, Pres. Obama got favorable approval from 57 percent of New York residents, which is far all other surveys that show the president having the support of less than a majority. Also, it's also suspect because a CNN poll in the middle of the gun control debate on Capitol Hill last April showed only 44 percent of Americans supported a national firearms registry.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    I think it is great because it shows how polls can be narrowly focused to get predetermined results.

Not that people exercising their rights are up for other people to determine to start with.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think more than ever, it's important to study the methodology used in polls. If a poll won't release it, even more suspicion.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    It was probably a loaded question, like "do you support a national gun registry to keep evil baby killing assault rifles out of the hands of criminals and to make universal background checks feasible?"

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Those respondents also gave Obamination and Hillarious an above average approval rating.. that should tell you all you need to know... :lol2:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Its a flawed survey. People respond they way they do to the question out of ignorance rather than informed choice.

The same question, asked after a few facts given, would yield dramatically different results

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Suffice it to say the sample audience was intentionally skewed to achieve a predetermined result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom