2A supporters that identify/vote as democrats ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gte

Feb 11, 2013
    Since our state has an imbalance of power, leaning heavily democratic are you going to consider voting for the democratic challenger to the incumbent come the next election, or switch parties possibly?

I ask because no matter the outcry, it is obvious they are not concerned about any repercussions because they don't think there will be any. It'd be nice to see a bunch of them voted out as a final repercussion, or the state to become more balanced in power so that no matter how much they try to ram something through, there can be push back if needed.

skynugget

Nov 9, 2012
    Frederick
    im non-affiliated but tend to vote democratic. after the buffoonery ive seen on this and other issues i doubt i will be voting for any incumbents this time around... i really miss erlich...

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    At this point, I'll vote for any person who is not currently in power representing my district.

As much as I despise most republican party stances, I'll even vote red if no blue choice looks like they can beat them. I sincerely doubt the chances of a republican controlled Maryland swinging that far right.

I'm assuming I'm not alone in this thought. Most other liberal causes do not personally affect me. While I think gays should marry and women should have a choice for abortion, I am neither gay nor woman. I am not poor, so social policies meant to help out the poor will not affect me. This gun legislation does. I will fight my ass off to show them that there are liberal gun owners out there who do not wish to see this right infringed.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    I'm a registered Democrat for 2a voting purposes, atheist, but identify as libertarian/voluntaryist. Pro choice, pro legalization, pro gay marriage, anti war, 100% pro 2a, pro VERY small govt (smaller than any of you want).

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I'm a pure Dino. Life-long independent that doesn't much identify with the Democratic party. But I'm going to have fun voting in their primaries.

Shane762

Jan 2, 2011
    New Market, MD
    At this point, I'll vote for any person who is not currently in power representing my district.

I'm assuming I'm not alone in this thought. Most other liberal causes do not personally affect me. While I think gays should marry and women should have a choice for abortion, I am neither gay nor woman. I am not poor, so social policies meant to help out the poor will not affect me. This gun legislation does. I will fight my ass off to show them that there are liberal gun owners out there who do not wish to see this right infringed.

Damn. You just summed up my stance better than I could. I've been registered to vote as a Democrat since before my eighteenth birthday. In the 20 some years since then I've probably voted Dem 50% Ind 30% and Rep 20%. Right now though I'd vote for the corpse of Pol Pot before I'd vote for some of these bozos. My voting for the "Greater Good" may have led to some things I agree with, gay marriage etc, but it has completely screwed me. Fortunately/Unfortunately being in Baltimore County my reps are all pro 2A so I don't have that worry.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Maryland is a closed primary state. Every gun owner should be registered as a Democrat.

Trust me, if we unseat even 1 or 2 of these people in 2014, things will change.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    After finding and reading these forums... I saw the light. I am now a Democrat that supports the Constitution, kinda twisted eh?

Well I mead, DINO. ;)

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    I cast a vote against any A$$hole that supported this BS bill, looking at the voting record all the Dem's in Charles County they voted No on NB281. I will look at all the voting history in the coming weeks see who needs to go. 2014 in just a round the corner you need to have your voting party switched to DemBeAss's before Jun so you vote in the 2014 elections.

gte

Feb 11, 2013
    There is also the Governors office which all constituents can vote on, maybe it is time to get another Ehrlich in office?

If Ehrlich (for example) was in office, he would have veto-ed this law (and the gas tax, and all of the other new taxes and the speed camera law ... just to name a few). All things I despise.

I just changed my party to libertarian, so I guess I can't vote in the primaries. I don't think the government should at all be involved in marriage (no matter the genders of the couple) and should have a legal term that they invent that recognizes all couples for the legalities surrounding that, which would make everyone equal and which is fair. Marriage is a religious term and ideal that is the churches, not the states.

I don't care about drug usage.

I want really small government, the elimination of most social programs and therefore most taxes. There is nothing the government can do better for me, than I could do for myself sans something that involves a collection of people such as a military defensive strike. I don't need them to educate the kids that I don't yet have, nor do I need to pay property taxes based on the kids I don't yet have.

I do think abortion is a human rights issue.

I would think the idea of freedom would be popular among all? This state has been stealing our freedoms for years, we are now crazier than California! I'm voting for the person that promises (and appears sincere) to provide the most freedom.

MotoJ

Sep 4, 2012
    Mobtown
    Damn. You just summed up my stance better than I could. I've been registered to vote as a Democrat since before my eighteenth birthday. In the 20 some years since then I've probably voted Dem 50% Ind 30% and Rep 20%. Right now though I'd vote for the corpse of Pol Pot before I'd vote for some of these bozos. My voting for the "Greater Good" may have led to some things I agree with, gay marriage etc, but it has completely screwed me. Fortunately/Unfortunately being in Baltimore County my reps are all pro 2A so I don't have that worry.

Baltimore County reps are not all pro-2A. Brochin must go, Lafferty must go.
    Not sure about Frank. Aumann stays. I'd say Balto County is at best 50/50.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    You know, this very issue has been the cause of much angst for me over the years. I'm not registered in any one party and have always considered myself a left-of-center independent who has always believed that rights are rights and when we use the term "EQUAL RIGHTS" it means everyone. I'm liberal on social issues and lean conservative on fiscal issues and candidates that fall into that category are pretty fricking thin.

So, the angst I've had deals with my sincere desire to NOT be a single-issue voter. Because I think if you are, then you are easily persuaded to vote for candidates who are for [insert single issue here] and very well may end up being against other issues that also affect you personally. But, damn, it hasn't been easy for a long time and I think people with more centrist views are in the same boat as me whether they articulate it or not.

So what to do? I guess I'm fortunate that my state representatives (all democrats) voted NO on SB281. If they hadn't I'd be registering as a Democrat so that I could vote in the primaries to get rid of them. I did send them all thank you notes, but did casually mention that this issue had really opened my eyes in regard to the goings-on in Annapolis and that I'd be watching carefully.

gte

Feb 11, 2013
    Don't be tricked by those who voted against the bill, but voted for cloture which kept the republicans from filibustering it. A vote for cloture is a vote for the bill and I remember some Baltimore County democrats voting for cloture but against the bill so that they could tell their constituents they voted against it, but still be loyal to Omalley.

Jan 23, 2013
    Hi everyone, this is my very first post ever on this board. I am Caladain's fiancee, and have been following this issue very closely with him. I am a registered democrat (pro gay marriage, pro choice, don't care about pot cuz I lived in Colorado for a few years) and I will gladly stand with you in 2014 to vote these clowns out of office. The politics I have seen in the two years I have been back in this state have absolutely disgusted and appalled me, and I am more than happy to stand by you and fight the good fight. As it stands, I am ashamed to call Maryland my home, hopefully we can change that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom