• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Or you can be polite and soft spoken and see if this year that approach miraculously works after six years of failure. We all know what Albert Einstein said about insanity.

Somehow, this comes to mind...

Attachments

• lucyfootball.png
      lucyfootball.png
      19 KB · Views: 442

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    It was a long day for me, but not as long as many, many others.
    I loved it when the Sheriffs came in and spoke in the overflow room, the crowd was on their feet applauding the sheriffs, except the "Moms",, They looked SO uncomfortable,, I leaned over to one I was standing by and said "Makes you want to reconsider your position when you are on the opposite side of the argument as law enforcement"

Was testimony "recorded"? or only live streamed? I know I went off script when I testified, and would like to see it,, or maybe not?

Slack

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    A big shout-out to all who could and did attend yesterday, as well as to all of those that could only be there in spirit. It was a great time.

Regarding Mopar92...

Please 'splain to me how always playing nice has advanced gun rights in this state? Take all of the time that you need.....

It would be one thing if an angry fat white man in cammo had done what he did, but by all outward appearances, Jose is a member of a group that the dems cater to. Yet here is someone that they would claim as their own telling them in no uncertain terms that he rather disagrees with what they are doing. I rather enjoyed it. Such tactics would not work if that was the only message that was being sent by the pro-2A community, but coupled with the reasoned arguments I think it added to the testimony in a positive manner. Every request for gun rights does not have to be prefaced with "If it pleases the Crown." People are pissed at the gun-grabbing, and the lawmakers need to know it.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I loved it when the Sheriffs came in and spoke in the overflow room, the crowd was on their feet applauding the sheriffs, except the "Moms",, They looked SO uncomfortable,, I leaned over to one I was standing by and said "Makes you want to reconsider your position when you are on the opposite side of the argument as law enforcement"

Was testimony "recorded"? or only live streamed? I know I went off script when I testified, and would like to see it,, or maybe not?

Slack

Recorded
    17 hours worth for your viewing pleasure
    http://mgahouse.maryland.gov/mga/pl...?catalog/03e481c7-8a42-4438-a7da-93ff74bdaa4c

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville

Slack

All nearly eighteen hours

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmcommittees.aspx?pid=av

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

Slack

Full committee hearing from yesterday: http://mgahouse.maryland.gov/mga/pl...?catalog/03e481c7-8a42-4438-a7da-93ff74bdaa4c.

Individual bills receive a placeholder shortcut starting at the beginning of the sponsor testimony - this will take place sometime in the next 24 hours (long hearings take more time) and will be indicated by a Video Camera icon on the individual bill pages.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Our mental health care is abysmal. As in, almost non-existent in MD. Mental health, on the other hand, is getting worse. Safe spaces etc. People are more fragile than ever.

Again, explain how the other approach will get us what we want. I have no expectation that this year will be better than any other year. Do you understand they psychology of power? That's a rhetorical question.
    Conservatives and liberals are wired differently. Conservatives are driven by fact and logic, liberals by emotion and gut feeling. You are expecting the liberals in the House to respect logic and reason and facts. That's not going to get through to them as the past 30 years of second amendment infringements show.

Look at the other side of the coin. Liberals are motivated by emotion, fear, feelings. This is why Obama used fear politics every chance he got. This is why Antifa acts like it does - fear and intimidation and violence is what motivates them and it's all they know to try to get attention to their cause. As Conservatives we see them and think they are a bunch of animals, that burning their cities does nothing to help them, because we are trying to use logic instead of fear and emotion.

This is why being polite will not work with today's liberals. Your methods appeal to conservatives and are seen as weak by liberals because you are quiet and polite and show no emotion. You can give facts until the cows come home and they will just tune you out. You get angry, show some emotion, and you have their attention.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Trying to argue, beg and plead with the MGA is like trying to convince a spouse to stay that's already left you! It just doesn't work! I heard a lot of testimony yesterday begging and pleading not to take away our rights almost cringe worthy at times. I'm under the impression that they really don't care how much we beg and plead. They aren't thinking about our constitutional rights or whether they destroy our incomes or businesses. They have made that clear time and time again! How far will they take this and how much more can we stand? I'm all for being polite and respectful but I'm pretty sure they laugh at us behind closed doors. I'm not saying what Mopar did was right but it's true everyone felt that way numerous times throughout the day! Individual breaking points may vary! I felt like doing that to one of the Mom's with crazy purple dreads that was trying to school me on the 2nd amendment about how the right to bear arms was only for militias! When I showed her the actual text of the 2nd amendment online and that it clearly states the right of the people, well...She pulled a Nancy Pelosi and rejected my facts! LOL!

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Mental healthcare has improved over the decades and the problem has gotten worse. Better mental healthcare is just code for "a list to take away guns." We need parents to be parents, stop encouraging inner city mothers to have baby daddies rather than husbands, and stop neutering parents if they discipline their kids. It is a societal change and this push to mental healthcare is a dog whistle.

This country, this state and region especially, needs toughening.

That maybe Lefty code. I'm not a lefty, I'm talking about mental health institutions. And I agree that we need parent to be parents, but I don't think that will happen. Because, when people grow up in the "Big City" they have no understanding off what a hard days work really means, they have no understanding of honor, duty, integrity, responsibility, to be self-reliant, and I could go on and on. People out here think you are going to rob them when you say "Good Morning". They have no appreciation for the outdoors or the rural communities. How can you tough them up, when every kids get a participation award, where SJW is the "Thing to do"? The schools are filled with them. My son when to school a in DC are few years back. He was instructed to write a piece regarding how the war in Afghanistan and Iraq was wrong. He informed the teacher that he would not do so. Off to the principle office they went. Needless to say that the teach dropped the issue once she was inform he was a military dependent.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018

These days my wife won’t let me put an NRA decal on the car for fear (legit) that it would be vandalized. MDS keeps me sane...

Echo6mike, going mobile...

I put an NRA life member sticker on my Prius. Figured it would mess with people.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Here is the history that was made yesterday: in other states where citizens have been hit with clear infringements, the response comes AFTER the law is passed with declarations in the media and on the internet that “We Will Not Comply!”.

Our WWNC Army yesterday clearly carried the message that MD Democrats have LOST THE CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED before there’s been a single vote!

Yes, how we frame this is crucial. Notice in this blogpost below Stoveman and I were quoted in response to the “Dox these domestic terrorists!”.

Paul and I often take turns with Good Cop/Bad Cop in the press...

https://aminerdetail.com/md-democra...ists-in-the-making-deletes-social-media-post/

Attachments

• D42C3F3E-FAC7-4778-9A9D-D8A53BB47196.jpg
      D42C3F3E-FAC7-4778-9A9D-D8A53BB47196.jpg
      52.4 KB · Views: 462
    • 06A44847-6888-44C9-B36D-16E05620D008.jpg
      06A44847-6888-44C9-B36D-16E05620D008.jpg
      91.1 KB · Views: 451
    • E60F1F7A-EF32-4AA7-BA65-0BB36F352146.jpg
      E60F1F7A-EF32-4AA7-BA65-0BB36F352146.jpg
      78 KB · Views: 450

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Here is the history that was made yesterday: in other states where citizens have been hit with clear infringements, the response comes AFTER the law is passed with declarations in the media and on the internet that “We Will Not Comply!”.

Our WWNC Army yesterday clearly carried the message that MD Democrats have LOST THE CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED.

Yes how we frame this is crucial. Notice in this blogpost below Stoveman and I were quoted in response to the “Dox these domestic terrorists!”.

Paul and I often take turns with Good Cop/Bad Cop in the press...

How much do you all need to shore up the funds? A number of us are waiting pen in hand.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Get angry. Show the anger. Call them out by name when they are playing computer games. Let them know you are tired of their BS and won't take it anymore.

Or you can be polite and soft spoken and see if this year that approach miraculously works after six years of failure. We all know what Albert Einstein said about insanity.

I agree. You have to know when enough is enough. We are under attack and we it's time to let them know we have had enough.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I truly appreciate all the time you and your husband spent there yesterday and your testimony, but really. This??

Well, sure. Because CSM keeps telling her she's a fool, and that he's far more clever and insightful about how to overturn the will of the vast majority in this state that vote for liberal dem politicians and their policies. He's spending post after post scolding her from his couch, and she's tired of it. Yeah, "this." I get it. She's the LAST person who deserves that sort of lame abuse.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I think more delegates actually listened than in some years past. And the chair handled things fairly I think. I don't know what happened with moving the HBAR bill, although I have my ideas. Although with the appearance of the lack of support, that idea may not be valid. There were the 5 bills they grouped, which I don't agree with, that had other sponsors there to introduce. My guess is those groups were pushing to be moved up. Idk. At any rate, thank you to everyone who stood by us. In a shocking turn of events, as we were walking back to Navy Stadium, a car pulls over and tells us to hop in, he'll give us a ride the rest of the way. It was Clippinger.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I think more delegates actually listened than in some years past. And the chair handled things fairly I think. I don't know what happened with moving the HBAR bill, although I have my ideas. Although with the appearance of the lack of support, that idea may not be valid. There were the 5 bills they grouped, which I don't agree with, that had other sponsors there to introduce. My guess is those groups were pushing to be moved up. Idk. At any rate, thank you to everyone who stood by us. In a shocking turn of events, as we were walking back to Navy Stadium, a car pulls over and tells us to hop in, he'll give us a ride the rest of the way. It was Clippinger.

Now that is a sign of hope that is tangible.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Well, sure. Because CSM keeps telling her she's a fool, and that he's far more clever and insightful about how to overturn the will of the vast majority in this state that vote for liberal dem politicians and their policies. He's spending post after post scolding her from his couch, and she's tired of it. Yeah, "this." I get it. She's the LAST person who deserves that sort of lame abuse.
    Where did I tell her she's a fool? Where have I said anything at all about her? Please show me.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED

Okay, so you find this acceptable, I’ll move along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom