• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    In its current form no. It requires all new purchases to be registered (well, all those done through an FFL. C&R to C&R, just like FFL to FFL doesn't appear to require registration. And of course Criminals purchasing guns illegal don't need to register per Haynes vs US. Only non-criminals can be required to register guns. I mean, seriously, WHAT. THE. F. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haynes_v._United_States . No I wouldn't expect criminals to comply, but the fact that they literally can't be charged with a crime for failing to register, but an otherwise law abiding citizen CAN be charged is beyond the pale)

However, if you are an out of state resident and establish residency in Maryland, as per handguns, all of your long guns must be registered. I think it is a $10 or $20 fee (for all guns, not per gun). Then you have to provide a description, make and model, serial number, your DL# or SONDEX#, name, address, date of birth, hair and eye color, ethnicity, weight, height, a sperm or egg sample, 4 written letters of recommendation and please no stool samples.

I may have been slightly exaggerating on the last 3. However, all the rest is required.

So, if you decide not to register, what is the penalty?

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Every time I see a post like this I'm angered and saddened for all my former fellow citizens. I was fortunate enough to have been able to escape from the Gulag but that doesn't mean I don't sympathize with all who have to suffer as your state continues to take away gun rights every year. i wish there were something I could say or do that would change this, but as I felt when I finally decided to leave, I just don't see anything positive happening in a pro-2A way given the and demented and entrenched overlords in the GA.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I have it from inside. These bills are not making it out of committee. But, keep up with the pressure calling and emailing your legislators. It does help more than some think. Do not let up.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Folks thank you all for getting the word out about these terrible bills. Thank you also for contacting your representatives! Whether you are donating money to groups who will fight this crap or you are donating your time and energy you are making a definite difference! However this fight is by no means over! See you all Monday and Wednesday bring friends / family!

66773943.jpg

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I know, I'm not that convinced from one staffer. But, the pressure from the opposition to these bills is having an effect. That was made clear to me.

These bills aren't the priority. Dumais herself said the background check bill was likely to fail in a Sun article.

They're all in on the 3D gun ban. That will pass and I bet Hogan will sign.

I'd even go so far as to suggest these bills are meant to draw attention away from the 3D ban but that's just me being a kook.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Looking at the interaction with some of the legislators, it might still be a may issue. Legislator states that still need to prove good and substantial reason. In a sense, might not make any difference at all. Is there a separate thread discussing these hearings live?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Transfer Ban. Johns Hopkins dude said that interstate straw purchases are not under the jurisdiction of Maryland. Had no data. Also said hunting does not employ regulated firearms. Jan up now. No data.

Don't know why this is a big deal. If I loan my car to someone who goes out, gets drunk, and kills someone, why would I be criminally charged. We're not talking about civil liability.

This goes against an important tenant of our law in that you are not responsible for the misdeeds of others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom