• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    The Virgin Islands are an unincorportated territory of the US, meaning among other things, the Constitution doesn't automatically apply there. That fact doesn't make the confiscation of private arms morally right, justified, sane, logical, etc., but it does make it legally permissible.

Molon labe.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    The Virgin Islands are an unincorportated territory of the US, meaning among other things, the Constitution doesn't automatically apply there. That fact doesn't make the confiscation of private arms morally right, justified, sane, logical, etc., but it does make it legally permissible.

Molon labe.

They are not the Virgin Islands Guard, but the National Guard, acting under the color of the National Government. Therefore, they receive federal money as stated in the law.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I bought a real nice 03a3 and twenty rounds of core lockts from an Alabama hwy patrolman in Mobile Bay when I worked Katrina. I can remember the am radio broadcasts from the sportsmans clubs while order was being reestablished. I shot it at Butner a few years ago.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert

Molon labe.

I thought a few months ago a judge said that the 2a did. Let me see if I can find a link...

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The USVGI governor is a product of modern Disney culture. Somebody should explain to him that just because we sometimes give inanimate objects human attributes and names, it doesn't make them human.

“This is not an opportunity to go outside and try to have fun with a hurricane,” Mapp said. “It’s not time to get on a surfboard.”

He sounds like that nitwit CA congresswoman who, when Congress was going to pass a tax rebate, stated that she didn't want people to use it to buy two VCRs.

Following the seizures of private owned firearms in NO, NRA filed a suit, resulting in:

In 2006, moreover, President George W. Bush signed into law the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations Act, which contained an NRA-backed amendment sponsored by Sen. David Vitter (R-La.). The amendment prohibits persons acting under color of federal law, receiving federal funds, or acting at the direction of a federal employee from seizing or authorizing the seizure of lawfully-possessed firearms or imposing or enforcing certain restrictions on firearms during a state of emergency.

The guberment does what the guberment wants to. Always has, always will.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Screen cap of the order
    56655292d09be84755f788d07d967ac0.jpg

Jumpmaster!

Aug 28, 2014
    Instead of preparing for the onslaught of a Category 5 Hurricane, the VI is spending precious time and resources confiscating private property. ...Priorities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom