• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 01m6ta

Jul 12, 2012
    Anybody in here hunt coyotes in maryland with any success? If so care to share tactics? I hunt on property in garrett and have been seeing more and more of them and would like to get into killing them after this deer season. I hear that eastern coyotes are a different breed when it comes to hunting them.

Thanks

Ponch

Feb 7, 2018
    Odenton
    I have to ticket for coyotes. I grew up in Texas and know how to call and have thermals etc....if you want to know how to get them it me up. I am out popping foxes around 270 south of frederick all the time. I have heard a few coyotes but haven't seen any on my properties yet.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Pretty sure the dead dog on the side of 100W @ 32 today was a coyote. Some pretty big ones have been taken in southern MD.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I have them on one farm I hunt. I Have not been able to get them in yet. But, my chances have been very short. You'd need to get down their time schedule. They seem really skittish and wary.

Ponch

Feb 7, 2018
    Odenton
    I’ll wait all night. I’ve watched the sun come up after being out all night more than once. Cold doesnt bother me...but I draw the line at rain. Thermal scope + moisture not bueno.

Deersniper

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 24, 2013
    I’ll wait all night. I’ve watched the sun come up after being out all night more than once. Cold doesnt bother me...but I draw the line at rain. Thermal scope + moisture not bueno.

Lol what? Must need a better thermal then.

Night times the right time and a little rain makes it better.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I have a thermal setup as well and would be interested in hunting some yotes. I dont have calls or experience but willing to learn if someone needs help thinning their population.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    For those that hunt coyotes and fox, do you concern yourself with rabies, or take extra precautions? Just wondering since they seem to be a group that would have it. I want to start predator hunting, just not sure where to start.

melikou1

Aug 31, 2017
    The 'Dena, MD
    For those that hunt coyotes and fox, do you concern yourself with rabies, or take extra precautions? Just wondering since they seem to be a group that would have it. I want to start predator hunting, just not sure where to start.

Actually foxes don't have a high incidence of rabies...not sure of coyotes, but I would think they are similar to foxes.

A lot of people will see a nasty looking fox during the day and think it must be rabid, when it's just mange. Their day/night patterns often change because they are so miserable...

GASSMAN

Feb 14, 2009
    Rt 3 AA County area

Attachments

• coyote.jpg
      coyote.jpg
      66.9 KB · Views: 404

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members