• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I spoke with the Dnr licensing after buying my license on compass. The harvest recond is smaller this year and you don't get the extra page with 6 records to fill out. You get the 3 that come on the license only.

I asked, If I shoot two deer and a turkey I have no where to fill out for a 3rd deer. She said, print a 2nd copy of your license for 4, 5 and 6 and so on.

FYI

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    yeah, I cut and paste the harvest record into a word doc, then copied the image a handful of times it and printed on two sided paper. I have enough for about 16 deer. I needed both sides last year.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    I've always just used my own pieces of card stock paper and a zip tie for "tags" and put all of the required information on them. And for the harvest record, I just hand write on the back of the paper license if I'm fortunate enough to run out of room. Am I doing anything wrong? Seems like the DNR system is still sort of based off of the old way of sending out physical licenses and tags.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I use the DNR app on my phone to check deer in and it keeps track of all mine.

You still need the paper, and the DNR will ask to see it. Even though its all online now, the DNR can still ticket you for not having the paper. I know people who have experienced this silliness.
    Important: At the end of the Internet or telephone check-in process, a Confirmation Number will be issued which must be recorded in the Confirmation Number space on the Big Game Harvest Record.

The completed Big Game Harvest Record with associated Confirmation Numbers serves as the hunter’s possession tag and must remain in the hunter’s possession.

http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/hunting/deer-turkey-checking-tagging/

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Years past I just printed off another of the pdf they send. Signed it again and mark it in a corner as page1, page 2, page3..... add enough pages and permission slips and you get a nice wad of paper to carry. Last year I started copying and pasting the harvest record portion over some of the other info for my additional sheet. See the attached pic for an example.

Fyi even though you know the date and what county the animal was killed in since it even has it listed in the confirmation number, make sure you fill it out on the harvest record. Each kill not properly filled out on the harvest record is a $125 fine. Which can add up quickly.

Attachments

• 2017-18 Harvest Record - Copy.jpg
      2017-18 Harvest Record - Copy.jpg
      102.4 KB · Views: 808

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I have made all my own permission slips over the years for waterfowl and deer hunting. I'll probably make my own also. I am pretty sure your harvest record must have your name and DNR ID on it.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Feel free to use the one I had posted, my personal info is whited out. If you print it out double sided (or reprint on the back of your lisc) then your info is already on the same sheet of paper and it's less paper you need to carry.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I didn't even use mine the last 2 seasons...one season, an invitation hunt and didn't see a deer, last year my own land again, didn't even see a deer...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If you log into compass you can print out an extra harvest record that has 6 spaces and has your name and DNR ID # on it.

Yup. It is still on there. You can also find the sample deer/turkey tags. I'll find the link later when I am in front of a computer. The PDF of you hunting license still has room for 3 harvests on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom