• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Quick question for the MDS brain trust.
    I have 3 50# bags of deer corn that have been sitting in my shed for the past 2-3 years. There is no evidence of water leaks on or mouse holes in the bags. Is this still safe to feed the deer or should it go to the dump?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    feed it to them. they wont eat it if its full of weavels but they will if its not. and if it is full of weavels the birds and squirrels will eat it.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Thank you all for the quick answers!

Next question...... anybody want it?
    I have a 1 month old baby and a 2 year old in the house so deer hunting is probably not going to happen this season.
    If someone local wants it they can have it if not it will get dumped in the woods. I am in southern Calvert and I travel to the Leonardtown area several times a week. This will have to go in the next couple of days.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    LOL

Feed the deer in your back yard, help them grow bigger for next year.

Remember, no throwing the baby out with the deer corn

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I much as I would love to hunt in my yard it is not going to happen. I live on a 1/2 lot and the neighbors have said no to me bow hunting. They complain about the deer eating the flowers and bushes but don't want them dead.
    I will keep the kids. The 2 year old is pretty cool.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    It has been dry since the day I bought it.
    I think the raccoons like my trash plenty already I don't need to feed them any more. Well I guess I wouldn't mind feeding them some lead.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Old joke:

Where baiting deer with corn is illegal; make a pile and put up a sign that reads: "This corn is strictly for squirrels, any deer caught eating it will be shot!" :D

One of my favorites

Attachments

• deerbaiting.jpg
      deerbaiting.jpg
      14 KB · Views: 183

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I had some moldy buggy stuff I dumped out last year and something sure ate it. Not sure if deer ate it or something else, but I think it looked pawed at, like a deer would do. I dumped it next to my deer cocaine stuff they already had been coming to. I have leftover corn from last season and stuffed it in my biggest chest freezer so that the bugs and mold won't get it. I hope the coyote smells don't get into it lol, but the deer will probably not care at all.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    After they had the sugar rush from corn for awhile and the majority of feeding is over in cold temps theyll eat it. Wet moldy they'll eat it. Sika will nose into the water to get it off the bottom up to they're eyes even when its still warm out. They will also stay and gorge themselves till nearly every bit of its gone. They exhale and blow the water out of their nose like a mist and sound like cattle browsing on grass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom