Chantilly, VA July 26-27-28 2019 Fri.-Sat.-Sun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Anybody going? I'll probably go on Friday as usual. The crowd will probably be a little on the light side because of summer vacations and the heat.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    They still sell powder, but they told me that each vendor can only have a certain quantity in the building. As mentioned, they can have more outside.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    This show has the potential to be a zoo depending on whether the VA legislature passes any anti-gun legislation during the special session set to begin today or tomorrow.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    I haven't been to Chantilly in a while, is it worth the time? Not looking for anything specific (just got my SKS woohoo).

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Powder was for sale at the most recent show .

This! Had at least 2 vendors there. One in the smaller hall near the rear pass thru door had a wider selection and better prices. The gentleman who ran it is a USN vet and a real nice guy to chat with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    This show has the potential to be a zoo depending on whether the VA legislature passes any anti-gun legislation during the special session set to begin today or tomorrow.

Well they adjourned after 2 hours and accomplished nothing except some grandstanding so everything is safe until they reconvene.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    ugh - other than a stop at Dogfish Head and some quality time with one of my buddies, what a waste of time this show was.

These dealers are acting as if their stock is the last they are ever going to get on their overpriced magazines and ammo.

Literally the only awesome deal was on some .45ACP Golden Sabre at 2/$25. the rest was as high or higher than what I could have delivered to my door.

It's as if they enjoy taking it home with them.

I now realize why it's been many years since I've bothered with a gun show. There is literally no intrinsic value in going.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    ugh - other than a stop at Dogfish Head and some quality time with one of my buddies, what a waste of time this show was.

These dealers are acting as if their stock is the last they are ever going to get on their overpriced magazines and ammo.

Literally the only awesome deal was on some .45ACP Golden Sabre at 2/$25. the rest was as high or higher than what I could have delivered to my door.

It's as if they enjoy taking it home with them.

I now realize why it's been many years since I've bothered with a gun show. There is literally no intrinsic value in going.

Thanks for saving me 32 bucks. I was going to head over tomorrow, guess i'll be hitting the lake instead!

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I went. Agreed it was generally not very appealing. But while the mag prices weren’t special, they were available. And if you’re from across the Potomac where that’s a problem, it’s a solution. A couple of recent stops on NoVa LGS had nothing to offer me, so the show is the way. A way, anyway. A few bucks one way or the other isn’t much compared to the time and hassle that are the only other (often unproductive) approach. Otherwise, yeah, not a very compelling visit. But I did get to drop some cash in the MSI litigation bucket, which was gratifying and they didn’t have to pay credit card fees on it.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I went with a couple of friends...for an industry allegedly in a slump since Hillary lost you'd think prices would be down to move merchandis. Nope...when plain Jane rack grade M1 Garands and Carbines and 1903 rifles of various makes with replacement barrels are all over $1k and up...they're priced to keep...not sell. This a bad trend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom