• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Maybe it's just me or I have bad luck but I used to like Royal Farms chicken, however, every time the wife has picked it up here in Frederick it's been nasty. Soggy, greasy, etc...

Although I haven't had any in a while, I think AC&T chicken is way better.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    RFC is hit and miss , one day you get great the next time you get crap . Not consistent IMHO . I avoid them as best as possible for a variety of reasons , only if I have to .

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    If you’re in Frederick, a nice 15 minute drive through the country will bring you to Dickerson Market. Best fried chicken I’ve ever had. Call ahead and order and they’ll have it fresh and ready.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    We’re just down the road, pass there all the time. We tried the chicken once at another one and weren’t too impressed but folks said it might have been an off hour. We’ll give the new place a try after it’s been open a bit.

Maybe it's just me or I have bad luck but I used to like Royal Farms chicken, however, every time the wife has picked it up here in Frederick it's been nasty. Soggy, greasy, etc...

Although I haven't had any in a while, I think AC&T chicken is way better.
    If you're not in a terrible hurry, ask them to fry some up fresh for you. They have never refused when I wasn't happy with what I was given.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    RFC is hit and miss , one day you get great the next time you get crap . Not consistent IMHO . I avoid them as best as possible for a variety of reasons , only if I have to .

It depends on how long it's been sitting there. Anywhere from right out of the fryer up to maybe 30 mins and you're golden. Up to an hour you're okay. After an hour under the heat lamp it goes downhill fast.

benton0311

Feb 26, 2011
    I got chicken from the Urbana location and it was was soggy on the outside and dry on the inside while the chain offers nothing that the competition doesn't. I was disappointed when I first saw this thread a few years ago and found out more of them were coming to Frederick and taking up potential Wawa and Sheetz locations.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I got chicken from the Urbana location and it was was soggy on the outside and dry on the inside while the chain offers nothing that the competition doesn't. I was disappointed when I first saw this thread a few years ago and found out more of them were coming to Frederick and taking up potential Wawa and Sheetz locations.

If not in a big hurry, next time (if there is one) ask them for fresh chicken. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom