• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    That damned 2009 thread about SOG having CZ82's keeps getting bumped and driving me nuts. Since I know I'm not the only one keeping an eye out for one of these, let's start a new place to track CZ-82 sightings.

I see one or two on GB, but not many and at least one place won't ship to C&R holders (****s!). So, maybe something will appear magically from a secret stash in Serbia or someplace and we can hear about it here...

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Why, so there is! I missed that looking around - but looks like there's a buyer lined up, and I'd like to get one in from out of state anyway so I can exercise my C&R. It's getting flabby from just sitting around all winter...

8-)

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    What would someone pay for one of these?
    If someone had one?:innocent0

Well, this one: http://www.mdshooters.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=27423 which does have a pic up and seems to be in pretty nice condition, with a couple of MD-crippled magazines and a couple that couldn't be sold or transferred in-state, is listed at $315. Including a couple of boxes of ammo, too.

That seems like a very fair deal. Plus 10 bucks for the Po-po 77r, of course.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    I got mine from Dennis at Empire Arms. You can submit a request at the following link and he will let you know if he has any in stock. If not, he will add it to his list to pick up good examples while travelling at the various shows.

http://www.empirearms.com/wantlist.htm

He needs to have your C&R on file before he will add your wish list item. He will also work with you to send mags out of state.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Whoops, noticed this thread a "little" too late to not bump the CZ thread. Well, good to see another CZ-82 go up. I just got the paperwork on mine finished, will have it on Wednesday. Won't say what I got it for, but I will verify it was a steal.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Why do they always seem to look like they were "blued" by Bubba with krylon on a rainy day?

Yeah, that bugs me a bit too. Do admire the inherent accuracy of the platform with reasonable magazine capacity.

(and yes, I pulled the comment from that "other" CZ-82 thread, lol)

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Yeah, that bugs me a bit too. Do admire the inherent accuracy of the platform with reasonable magazine capacity.

(and yes, I pulled the comment from that "other" CZ-82 thread, lol)

Agreed. I just wish they were finished nicely and had round commander-style 1911-esque hammers. They seem to flake worse than knock-off matchbox or hotwheels cars in a pillowcase pileup!

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Haha yes I am meeting with my buyer on Saturday, I need to take down my classified. Its a great little gun that money just funded something else
    :-)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    Time to bump this thread to annoy people: Got mine home now.

CZ-82%20R_zpsu0ub9sx3.jpg

CZ-82%20L_zpstno1e4rh.jpg

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I read CZ is producing the CZ82 again. brand new c&r

Technically if it is new production the newly made firearms would not be C&R. Also, link me please as I have got to see this!

I'm not sure about that. The CZ-82 was one of the last handguns to be put onto the C&R list because of a museum curator's letter--not because it's over 50 years old. It's an interesting question.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    If anyone is looking for a CZ-82 I have one that I have been meaning to sell -- I really don't like selling guns at all so inertia is strong with this one. No Md legal mags. If so, shoot me a pm.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    If anyone is looking for a CZ-82 I have one that I have been meaning to sell -- I really don't like selling guns at all so inertia is strong with this one. No Md legal mags. If so, shoot me a pm.

Well, sheesh, since I did start this thread ... :rolleyes:

PM outbound.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I'm not sure about that. The CZ-82 was one of the last handguns to be put onto the C&R list because of a museum curator's letter--not because it's over 50 years old. It's an interesting question.

My understanding was that the CZ-82 and CZ-83 were identical except for caliber. So, I guess CZ could just make 9x18 versions labeled as CZ-82. However I'm not sure why they would do that. I would think the market in the US for that version would be far less than for the .380 version.

Joe

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Nope. The CZ-83 has a standard rifled bore, with lands and grooves. The CZ-82 has a polygonal bore without lands and grooves. That, I think, was key in having it classified "by letter" as a curio.

Hmmm...interesting. I knew that the CZ-82 has a polygonal bore, but didn't know that was behind the curio decision. Even so, by swapping out the barrel, the guns are mechanically identical. Correct? That was my point, if they've been making the same basic pistol as the 83, they could easily switch over to reproduce the 82.

JoeR

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom