• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    That's a good little short read and many members here have echoed Mr. Gura's statement of the SCOTUS possibly wanting to see more lower court splits before taking the issue up.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Hmmmm.

“If the Court doesn’t address the issue, then the Second Amendment is largely a dead letter — it would become mostly unenforceable because there is no such thing as a gun law for which the legislature or police can’t offer a hypothetical justification.
    Source

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Losing the majority in the SCOTUS is my biggest fear for 2016. I could easily see the Republicans losing the presidential again and we might as well put all firearms lawsuits on hold if the court goes 5-4 against gun rights.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Putting one and one and one together sounds like the three branches of government have become one tough weed.
    No offense meant, I still think the people have to fix this in 2014. Deep roots though.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    Losing the majority in the SCOTUS is my biggest fear for 2016. I could easily see the Republicans losing the presidential again and we might as well put all firearms lawsuits on hold if the court goes 5-4 against gun rights.

:thumbsup: agree,the most recent and next two elections are probally the most important in a generation.

gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    :thumbsup: agree,the most recent and next two elections are probally the most important in a generation.

No doubt. What really hurts is that Roberts has proven himself to be more concerned with the Court's legacy then he is with constitutional values. :mad54: I worry about him going forward.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    No doubt. What really hurts is that Roberts has proven himself to be more concerned with the Court's legacy then he is with constitutional values.

Which is sort of ironic, since "Benedict" Roberts has destroyed the Court in the eyes of many Americans, myself included.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    No doubt. What really hurts is that Roberts has proven himself to be more concerned with the Court's legacy then he is with constitutional values. :mad54: I worry about him going forward.

Which is stupid, even if that's what he wants, because by being a "moderate" you just piss off both sides. Liberals don't like him still, and conservatives don't like him for his treachery.

At least we expect Sotomayor and Kagan to be traitors.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Roberts is a modern day Justice Warren.

Justice Warren may have been very liberal and notorious for expanding Federal power, but he did also shift the focus of SCOTUS more towards civil rights. We can only hope that Roberts follows in his footsteps in that regards. He did with Heller & McDonald, and I'm hoping that he will with other 2A cases.

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Justice Warren may have been very liberal and notorious for expanding Federal power, but he did also shift the focus of SCOTUS more towards civil rights. We can only hope that Roberts follows in his footsteps in that regards. He did with Heller & McDonald, and I'm hoping that he will with other 2A cases.

Yeah, but "civil rights" is in the eye of the beholder. I think all people have a civil right to be treated equally by the government without respect to race. I don't think that should be apply to private businesses; therefore, I think Title VII of the CRA is unconstitutional and immoral. Many people consider getting the job you want though to be a "civil right."

gswayne

Left Maryland, Freedom
    Nov 9, 2011
    The balance or lack of balance of the court going forward will be serious turning point in our history. Activist Judges like Sotomayor and Kagan are worrisome enough, if The Big O gets the opportunity to replace one of the remaining conservative Judges we are in big big trouble. Particularly true considering the spineless Senators who are supposed to be the gatekeepers.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The balance or lack of balance of the court going forward will be serious turning point in our history. Activist Judges like Sotomayor and Kagan are worrisome enough, if The Big O gets the opportunity to replace one of the remaining conservative Judges we are in big big trouble. Particularly true considering the spineless Senators who are supposed to be the gatekeepers.

Interesting story on Kagan:
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_..._is_the_most_influential_liberal_justice.html

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    Interesting indeed, I knew she had gone hunting but did not know she had become an "avid hunter". Hope she doesn't think the 2A is about hunting rights and protecting sportsmen. I still have a basic mistrust of her leaning but I am willing to be pleasantly surprised.

You should have a basic distrust. Anyone who grows up in a Jewish family in New York should never be trusted with regard to firearms rights. I left Judaism and am now completely estranged from my birth family for this reason.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If I hear one more Republican utter, "Elections have consequences," as an excuse for not doing their vetting job, while the Democrats boldly and proudly nix Republican appointees at will. When has a Dem nominee ever been Borked by the Repubs?

RightNYer

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2013
    If I hear one more Republican utter, "Elections have consequences," as an excuse for not doing their vetting job, while the Democrats boldly and proudly nix Republican appointees at will. When has a Dem nominee ever been Borked by the Repubs?

It's like I've been saying all along and getting lambasted for it. We play by the rules. Liberals don't. When we have protests, we are non violent and leave the place cleaner than when we got there. The OWS types trash police cars, park benches, commit rapes inside the parks and assault police officers. We aren't going to be able to win this war by pretending our enemy acts in good faith.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom