• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horseman308

Jan 27, 2016
    Went out to Delmarva on Thursday with a buddy. Fantastic weather for it. You ever get so wrapped up in shooting you forget to take any pictures? Yup.

I spent most of the day with my Pedersoli 74 Sharps shooting BP rounds. On target at 300 yards easy. The 500 grain slugs make a really satisfying BONG when they hit steel. Couldn't quite get on target at 500 yds, though. Kept just missing by a few inches. That tells me I need to spend some time dialing in a tighter load and maybe try a different bullet mold.

Any other BPCR shooters here?

We also did some M1 shooting. Apart from several mis-fires on old surplus ammo, we did great. Strong hits at 200, 300, and 500 yds.

Maybe I'll remember to take pics next trip.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Horseman308

Jan 27, 2016
    Except for tracers.
    Sure. I meant nearly any type of gun. Meaning, short ranges with steel for pistols and 3-gun, out to 500 yards for rifles, and a nice sporting clay's course (you can pull your own or they'll do it for you - for an additional fee, of course). Tracers and armor piercing rounds are not allowed. I don't know about heavy stuff like .50BMG and whatnot.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I don't know about heavy stuff like .50BMG and whatnot.

Nope. Even though their website still says "open to all types of firearms", they don't allow 50s. I learned this the hard way a few years ago driving 2 hours only to find out when I got there.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Nope. Even though their website still says "open to all types of firearms", they don't allow 50s. I learned this the hard way a few years ago driving 2 hours only to find out when I got there.

They used to allow .50's. Wonder when that changed?

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I moved down to a 338LM that you can shoot there. Sold my 50 and don't miss is quite as much since its hard to find a place to shoot it. I'm ready for another Delmarva trip though. Need to get on the bench and load some brass first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom