• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    BTW... in case it hasn't been stated in the last 30 seconds, Maryland sucks.

California and New Jersey suck, Maryland's just trying to suck.
    In all seriousness, Maryland could've outright banned all "black rifles", "high-capacity" magazines and NFA stuff, regardless of purchase date. So, while our lawmakers tend to be anti-American, Muslim-leaning Bolshevik nit-wits, in all fairness, they could be worse. Thank your lucky stars they're not Californians :eek:!!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    California and New Jersey suck, Maryland's just trying to suck.

In all seriousness, Maryland could've outright banned all "black rifles", "high-capacity" magazines and NFA stuff, regardless of purchase date. So, while our lawmakers tend to be anti-American, Muslim-leaning Bolshevik nit-wits, in all fairness, they could be worse. Thank your lucky stars they're not Californians :eek:!!

Yes it could be worse, but MD still sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

How exactly is that wrong?

Qualification for a permit: (6)(ii) based on investigation, as good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger.

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Document Downloads/MDPublicSafetyArticle5-306.pdf

Wear and carry is banned (with some exceptions like transporting to and from the range)

A reasonable precaution against apprehended danger is not an exception to the ban. It is a qualification for a permit. Having a permit is an exception to the ban on wear and carry.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    At one time, not long ago, that language existed outside of the permit requirement. It still is not a requirement, it is just an example.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    How exactly is that wrong?

Qualification for a permit: (6)(ii) based on investigation, as good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as a finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger.

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Document Downloads/MDPublicSafetyArticle5-306.pdf

Wear and carry is banned (with some exceptions like transporting to and from the range)

A reasonable precaution against apprehended danger is not an exception to the ban. It is a qualification for a permit. Having a permit is an exception to the ban on wear and carry.
    See below
    At one time, not long ago, that language existed outside of the permit requirement. It still is not a requirement, it is just an example.

Sent from the 3rd Rock
    Exactly

Re-read your post #22 and follow back to the original post #6 it was in reference to.

I have an unrestricted permit, I am well aware of the regs, far more than most.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I dont see how that is relevant. At one time not long ago I would not go to jail for dating a 17 year old. Now, I will. Tempted though I might be, its a really bad idea.
    You are missing the point. Your reply was wrong because it talked about an individual with a permit. The OP of the question posed in post #6 was asking about someone without a permit.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    You are missing the point. Your reply was wrong because it talked about an individual with a permit. The OP of the question posed in post #6 was asking about someone without a permit.

Post # 6 asks:

Isn't there an exemption clause along the lines of if a person carries a deadly weapon as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger subject to the interpretation of a judge? I know I would never want to risk my freedom on that in MD, but has anyone ever successfully used that as a defense in this state?

There is as exemption for "dangerous weapons": weapons 4-101. Dangerous weapons

... which does not include a handgun. For a handgun, there is a permit, and MDSP gets to validate your reason. Non-handgun deadly weapons probably fall under 4-101. Tell a judge what your reason for carrying was.

If by "used to be" - sure, sometime in the late 60s or early 70s as near as I can tell "pistols" were moved out of the dangerous weapons portion of the law and MDSP started investigating your reason for carrying and issuing permits for handguns.

Fnh57

Sep 30, 2017
    Baltimore area.
    I don't think that would work. Everyone would justify carrying if they could say I felt like I might need it or could be threatened. I wish it were that easy but not in Maryland

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom