• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I'm not inferring that anyone should break the law in the jolly old state of Maryland, but I'm curious. If someone did use a handgun for a clear cut self defense, say, in Montgomery County, what course would, could, they expect the state to take?

How about Baltimore?

Does anyone know of any such cases in which people have been arrested and charged with unauthorized concealed carry in Maryland?

Or of cases where they were arrested for unauthorized concealed carry in relation to self defense?

Again, I'm not recommending anyone break the law, especially since they could lose the right to possess firearms for the rest of their lives. (I carried illegally once in Washington, D.C., years ago and would have been killed or seriously hurt had I not had the gun on me at the time. The only reason I did so was because something just told me to, and I was with a woman at the time. I didn't normally carry and I haven't done it since, but having been severely beaten a few years prior by a couple of large Polynesians, something I can't explain compelled me to carry that night.)

So I wondered if anyone knew of any cases where someone went to prison for concealed carry when caught subsequent to defensive use of a firearm? Details?

Also, what's the penalty for unauthorized concealed carry in Maryland? How about D.C.? :draw:

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Heck, they'll persecute you for legally defending your life, so if you do it whilst carrying you can bet you'll make friends with bubba in the joint.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    even if you don't shoot anyone, the sentence COULD be 3 years. without any other charge if convicted

instant prohibited person.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Isn't there an exemption clause along the lines of if a person carries a deadly weapon as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger subject to the interpretation of a judge? I know I would never want to risk my freedom on that in MD, but has anyone ever successfully used that as a defense in this state?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Unlawful carry in MoCo, with AG Frosh in office? That should be enough to make you genuinely concerned.

Honestly, I think you'd have a easier time justifying the use of a chainsaw in self-defense in MoCo, compared to an unlawfully carried sidearm.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    doesn't really matter. it's WHAT you could receive. so if you are convicted and get 6 months, you're still a prohibited person FOR LIFE

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    And unless you already have an EXTENSIVE criminal/firearm background, be prepared for the maximum to be levied at you.

(Seems gun charges only go by the wayside that way.)

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    If someone did use a handgun for a clear cut self defense, say, in Montgomery County, what course would, could, they expect the state to take?

In Montgomery County, as is the case with every Bolshie-controlled playpen or sandbox, I think it's safe to say that even if you were carrying legally and made every reasonable attempt to avoid being forced to use said sidearm to defend your life (or the lives of those in your charge), you'd be arrested and the County's legal arm would throw whatever they can at you. Of course, if you've got the financial and testicular fortitude to fight them all the way through the courts, you may eventually come out on top. But if the County's able to find a chink in your legal armour, I'd say your goose is cooked. Unless, of course, you're a favoured class, wealthy/politically-connected and/or can demonstrate the (politically) correct mindset, in which case you're a "hero".

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I'm not inferring that anyone should break the law in the jolly old state of Maryland, but I'm curious. If someone did use a handgun for a clear cut self defense, say, in Montgomery County, what course would, could, they expect the state to take?

How about Baltimore?

Does anyone know of any such cases in which people have been arrested and charged with unauthorized concealed carry in Maryland?

Or of cases where they were arrested for unauthorized concealed carry in relation to self defense?

Again, I'm not recommending anyone break the law, especially since they could lose the right to possess firearms for the rest of their lives. (I carried illegally once in Washington, D.C., years ago and would have been killed or seriously hurt had I not had the gun on me at the time. The only reason I did so was because something just told me to, and I was with a woman at the time. I didn't normally carry and I haven't done it since, but having been severely beaten a few years prior by a couple of large Polynesians, something I can't explain compelled me to carry that night.)

So I wondered if anyone knew of any cases where someone went to prison for concealed carry when caught subsequent to defensive use of a firearm? Details?

Also, what's the penalty for unauthorized concealed carry in Maryland? How about D.C.? :draw:
    Don't do it.....I'm PRETTY SURE IT WOULDNT WORK OUT WELL FOR YOU.

By the way, nice link at the end of your signature....I never talk to cops, they are all outright liars and cheats.:banghead:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    In MoCo, it's more PC to be the 'dignified victim'.

Defending yourself, or others, is highly frowned upon.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Interesting. Woman was boxed in at CVS in Darnestown the other day and robbed during the day. Not sure of specifics but that is what I know/heard. Interested if she'd been armed and defended herself under the guise of the false narrative that MoCo is some sort of crime free utopia.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Woman was boxed in at CVS in Darnestown the other day and robbed during the day....Interested if she'd been armed and defended herself under the guise of the false narrative that MoCo is some sort of crime free utopia.

American Bolsheviks believe that, with the exception of whites, Jews and those of other races that side with whites and Jews, we're all the same (i.e., inherently good and in active pursuit of the exact same life goals). Therefore, if someone commits a violent crime against you—you being white, Jewish or in the cabin with Uncle Tom—then you must've done something to deserve it. That's why 9/11 was our fault, why Darren Wilson was the perpetrator and why an American who's forced to defend her life with a firearm is arrested (and generally prosecuted, often in spite of the obvious facts).

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    American Bolsheviks believe that, with the exception of whites, Jews and those of other races that side with whites and Jews, we're all the same (i.e., inherently good and in active pursuit of the exact same life goals). Therefore, if someone commits a violent crime against you—you being white, Jewish or in the cabin with Uncle Tom—then you must've done something to deserve it. That's why 9/11 was our fault, why Darren Wilson was the perpetrator and why an American who's forced to defend her life with a firearm is arrested (and generally prosecuted, often in spite of the obvious facts).

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Isn't there an exemption clause along the lines of if a person carries a deadly weapon as a reasonable precaution against apprehended danger subject to the interpretation of a judge? I know I would never want to risk my freedom on that in MD, but has anyone ever successfully used that as a defense in this state?

Just bumping this question.... anybody??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom