• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Obviously, Baltimore needs to spend $350 million of Montgomery County money to build homeless shelters at $170k per homeless person.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Obviously, Baltimore needs to spend $350 million of Montgomery County money to build homeless shelters at $170k per homeless person.
    Bloodymore should be able to build Apartments for the homeless for around $100,000 per unit. The problem will be that the upkeep will probably run $50,000 per unit per year and they will just turn into another drug infested slum.
    We need to go back to a Darwin based society, where either you learn to do a trade/job to survive, or you starve and remove yourself from the burden of others. I may sound harsh, but I am tired of working my a$$ off, only to lose 1/3 of my income to taxes. I bet 1/3 of our taxes go to supporting the leaches of society.
    :mad54:as He[[

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Fret not Y'all. Ben Jealous said he's going to take money from the prisons to pay for free college throughout Maryland.

Once knuckle dragging gun owners embrace these ideas, Maryland will be awash in rainbows and butterfly farts.

We'll feel so safe, we'll turn our guns in.

PS: And it's off to reedumacation camp for t--76.

Outta Air

Dec 28, 2015
    Exactly where I want to be
    Here's your one question, pass or fail exam for the week:

What do Baltimore, Detroit, Chicago, all of CA and New York all have in common, all are broke and all are sanctuary cities/states and why?

You get 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count!!! :sad20::sad20::sad20:

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Serious question: what makes Baltimore more violent than other major cities? Many of the excusers blame it on poverty. What do the numbers say? I can't believe Baltimore is a worse environment than Detroit. In Baltimore you can ride a train to work in DC and make a lot of money.

To be honest, when it comes to per capita rates, Baltimore and St Louis are at a disadvantage compared to cities in states with an annexation mechanism. All the suburban growth around Baltimore has happened in a separate jurisdiction. But even if one treats Baltimore City and Baltimore County as a joint jurisdiction for statistical purposes, the murder rate is still south america level awful.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Oh, and I am not sure I want to cheer NYC rates too loudly. The city has 30 years of heavy handed enforcement of NYS gun laws and is surrounded by other states with a very limited availability of firearms. You have to go to PA or VA to return to 'america'. So any comparison to NYC will cause a liberal to tell you 'see, gun regulation works'.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Oh, and I am not sure I want to cheer NYC rates too loudly. The city has 30 years of heavy handed enforcement of NYS gun laws and is surrounded by other states with a very limited availability of firearms. You have to go to PA or VA to return to 'america'. So any comparison to NYC will cause a liberal to tell you 'see, gun regulation works'.

Drugs somehow get to NYC from all over the world, and MS-13 is a big problem in NY, but guns can't get there from PA or VA? Come on.

Maybe they actually enforce their laws, though, unlike Baltimore. What is "heavy handed"? Strict? You might be onto something there.

May 19, 2016
    Serious question: what makes Baltimore more violent than other major cities? Many of the excusers blame it on poverty. What do the numbers say? I can't believe Baltimore is a worse environment than Detroit. In Baltimore you can ride a train to work in DC and make a lot of money.
    I would guess the drug trade is a big part of the problem and the politicians are the majority of the other part. In Baltimore, drugs seem to be part of a large underground economy. The police aren't really trying to clean the streets and are being controlled from the top down by quotas. They just mass arrest the poor people who live in the neighborhoods where the crime is. The residents that were trying to change it weren't being protected by the police when they tried to clean up their streets and were retaliated against.

So since the violence is mostly compartmentalized in poor neighborhoods many other residents are apathetic. We know what results the Justice Department found out. We know of the recent arrest of corrupt cops. We know MOM just locked up 1 in 6 residents (poor brown people mostly). We know that the pols don't care. They steal from the poor and give to the rich through corporate welfare in the city. Then the guy just barely holding on gets his taxes jacked up and his means of protecting himself restricted.

We as a people need to stand up to this tyranny before it's too late. Baltimore is not alone in this country. Evil people are trying to control us while sucking out our wealth, pushing people to argue over how a couple hundred gang members managed to run a state of millions into the hole. Really? They don't have that much power.

Last edited:

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I think when a larger part of the city is in poverty the per capita numbers skew higher. Baltimore, Detroit, and even Chicago probably have higher ratios of impoverished which contributes to higher gang, drug, and street violence. Think about it most of Baltimore is hell hole with the exception of a few small pockets. NYC they tend to keep the "unwashed" masses in their own little corner of the city.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Think about it most of Baltimore is hell hole with the exception of a few small pockets.

Here's a fun map to help you identify them. Seriously though, as a city resident it makes you sick.

NYC they tend to keep the "unwashed" masses in their own little corner of the city.

Or just price them out of the city altogether. Philadelphia has done much the same thing. Take a look at places like Chester, PA, Camden, NJ, and Wilmington, DE.

Another factor to consider with Baltimore is the OBSCENE property taxes. We pay double anywhere else in the state for violent neighbourhoods, crumbling infrastructure, and some of the worst schools in the entire US. For those reasons, among others, a lot of people like me and my wife leave the city after starting a family (if not before then). What gets left behind? Poverty, crime, and a Democrat mayor who lives in Annapolis.

:puke2:

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Here's a fun map to help you identify them. Seriously though, as a city resident it makes you sick.

Or just price them out of the city altogether. Philadelphia has done much the same thing. Take a look at places like Chester, PA, Camden, NJ, and Wilmington, DE.

Another factor to consider with Baltimore is the OBSCENE property taxes. We pay double anywhere else in the state for violent neighbourhoods, crumbling infrastructure, and some of the worst schools in the entire US. For those reasons, among others, a lot of people like me and my wife leave the city after starting a family (if not before then). What gets left behind? Poverty, crime, and a Democrat mayor who lives in Annapolis.

:puke2:
    It’s funny you say the mayor lives in Annapolis. I sure as hell wouldn’t live in the city if I had a choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom