• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Who here has successfully applied for the Maryland wear and carry permit and was immediately granted or eventually granted unrestricted?
    *Excluding LEO's, threats of life G&S scenario

What is the path after the 99% odds of receiving restricted?
    File appeal with the HPRB then explain your reasoning at next review meeting?

If not appealed immediately, possible to appeal later on? Appears to be 10 days to appeal.. However does that mean if you do not appeal in that 10 day window you are stuck with a restricted only for the next 2yrs until it comes time for renewal?
    Ok to carry in the meantime with restricted until next available HPRB meeting?

Sorry if this has been covered a hundred times, after hours of reading, Maryland W&C threads and subjects are all over the place

Last edited:

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Who here has successfully applied for the Maryland wear and carry permit and was immediately granted or eventually granted unrestricted?
    *Excluding LEO's, threats of life G&S scenario

What is the path after the 99% odds of receiving restricted?
    File appeal with the HPRB then explain your reasoning at next review meeting?

If not appealed immediately, possible to appeal later on? Appears to be 10 days to appeal.. However does that mean if you do not appeal in that 10 day window are stuck until any make changes or 2yrs when it comes time for renewal?

Sorry if this has been covered a 100 times, after hours of reading, Maryland W&C threads and subjects are all over the place

You can apply for a modification, $10. If (When) you receive denial you are afforded to have that reviewed, and/or HPRB hearing. That scenario has been happening.

Dowtom

Nov 29, 2014
    Halethorpe
    I have seen.numerious have modifications to unrestricted. I'll be going next week in front the board and I'm confident they'll rule in my favor for unrestricted

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    I was just granted an unrestricted permit at the OCT 3rd HPRB hearing. I also had representation which helps a lot. You are very likely to get Denied or have a restriction placed on your permit by the MDSP. If Denied, Go through the motions of the informal review with the LD, but don't bother hanging your hat just on that. That review will almost always sustain what the Secretary has decided for you (denied or restrictions). When you appear for the informal review be sure to take as much documented evidence and case law as possible. You're not there to argue with 1SG Moriarty, (or who ever shows). Rather take that time to document whatever you might have left off on the initial application. Next would be to take your appeal to the HPRB and testify. You can submit your appeal request after the informal hearing. I actually called and set up my appeal and I would recommend you do the same. If you want that contact info (phone/email), PM me.

I'm not sure how you can appeal later on. Someone else would have to comment on that. Again, you will have much better luck calling them directly to set up a formal hearing.

As to carrying, as long as you are "within" the bounds of the restriction you're good as far as I know.

- Rob

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    I have seen.numerious have modifications to unrestricted. I'll be going next week in front the board and I'm confident they'll rule in my favor for unrestricted

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good Luck! What are your restrictions and G&S, if you don't mind me asking?

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    If not appealed immediately, possible to appeal later on? Appears to be 10 days to appeal.. However does that mean if you do not appeal in that 10 day window are stuck until any make changes or 2yrs when it comes time for renewal?

No. You have 10 days to appeal from any decision of the MSP so as Schipperke said you file a request at any time with your $10 and ask the restrictions be lifted. When that is denied then you have 10 days to file to the HPRB

Yes. That permit is good until it expires or you get a different one from MSP. You can't do any worse than what you already have in an HPRB appeal.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    In the case of business G&S, restrictions my be omitted or removed provided that these restrictions present a significant burden upon you in your personal situation. Whether to the MSP or the Review Board, you need to be able to convincingly articulate that your specific situation is best served without the typical restrictions. If you attend a few HPRB meetings the way to present this will probably become clear. 24/7 on call or an unpredictable business schedule are a large part of the requirements.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    In the case of business G&S, restrictions my be omitted or removed provided that these restrictions present a significant burden upon you in your personal situation. Whether to the MSP or the Review Board, you need to be able to convincingly articulate that your specific situation is best served without the typical restrictions. If you attend a few HPRB meetings the way to present this will probably become clear. 24/7 on call or an unpredictable business schedule are a large part of the requirements.

That's my exact situation..
    I'm not at all a 9-5 business, and a quick run to the store for supplies or a on call customer estimate is fine. However stopping at the grocery to pick up items for dinner, or visiting my brother and his wife on the way home, getting a random non business related errand done while I'm out, that could all land me jail and easily turn me into a criminal which is my biggest concern and a tremendous burden

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom