• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    He said activists not radicals. A distinction without a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John used activists, Madaleno used radicals. Their email missives came out on the same day, or one day apart. Coincidence, you decide ...

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    To me, that's exactly what has occurred. Anyone can call it whatever they choose.

I call it for what I think it is.

Feel free to form your own opinions about it and the author

And I couldn't care less about stirring up the antis. we see what the previous tactics resulted in. Nada for us.

THIS ^^^

Stirring up the antis is what PP is all about because it forces the 2A establishment to step up their game ... no more business as usual. This could be what's grinding his gears.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Wow!

Who knew we had that much power? I guess if making the HPRB and the MSP accountable to the public, while doing a public function, simply by attending an open meeting is stirring the pot.... well I got my big stirring stick.

Looks like I might have to up my game... live streaming Facebook video?!?

Mark

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    This mentality is what's wrong with this state. It would appear that the pro 2A establishment have an agenda of sitting in the corner awaiting whatever the lords want to throw their way to feed on. We are tired of sitting on the sidelines and being content on what we get, or for that matter what's not taken away from us.

This mentality has to stop and the sleeping giant needs to awaken and show this state that the good people outside of Baltimore City and few counties that surround DC are tired of their politics.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out the closer we get to election time next year. My guess is by March we should know who are our friends and who we can't trust.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep, some are as mad as hell and aren’t gonna take it anymore to quote the movie

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I like it put a face on the infringers

Am I the only one who misread this and thought that it said "put it on the face of infringers."? Ouch!

Is it worth joining AGC just so I can get into the meeting and bitch and vote as appropriate?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Am I the only one who misread this and thought that it said "put it on the face of infringers."? Ouch!

Is it worth joining AGC just so I can get into the meeting and bitch and vote as appropriate?

I don't think individual members vote at the AGC level, but they do vote in their individual club's elections. Each member club has representatives that vote in the AGC stuff, AFAIK. FYI, individuals join associated clubs, then can also join AGC. Two step process. Two fees, too.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I don't think individual members vote at the AGC level, but they do vote in their individual club's elections. Each member club has representatives that vote in the AGC stuff, AFAIK. FYI, individuals join associated clubs, then can also join AGC. Two step process. Two fees, too.

Only the Charter clubs vote, not associate clubs.

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Gentleman Gentlemen and Ladies I think we all have to same goal and that's stop any new legislation that hurts us as gun owners and to promote any that benefits us as a group. But with each group go about this in different directions serves no one. Hence a lot of crap we have to live with. Let's try to bond together and then we can get stuff done. And we have a ton of work this session coming up. Chris

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yeah, except criticizing another group's methods publicly helps no one.

Wanna be a team player? Act like you're on the team.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This is the same JJ who, when I was in my initial attempts to obtain my MD carry permit, offered some "inside" influences. He told me I would be receiving a "card in the mail" and to call him and "read him what it says on the back", once I received it. When nothing showed up I asked him what gives and he said he never said any of that. I also told him that I had gotten a number of other parties involved and he became semi-angered and never offered any assistance. I moved on and procured my permit no thanks to his greedy and ego driven tactics.

As a citizen who has attended numerous HPRB meetings and had interactions with board members, I take umbrage at the idea that "intimidation" was the goal by attending. If he would back that up, I think it would make his flimsy argument a little more respectable.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    How is quietly attending meetings open to the public called activism? Isn't this the responsibility of citizens? How is reporting the proceedings of these meetings "activism"? What system of government does he think we operate under? I think my good friend, Cypherpunk (who, at one time, helped direct me to MD Shooters), was one of the first to suggest attendence at these meetings, especially for those that might have their application heard by the HPRB in the future.

As per JJ's friend on the HPRB (that he might have helped suggest to the governor) getting negative feedback on social media (i.e. MD Shooters), why is this person more important than the 2A community and MD 2A rights to him? Maybe he agrees with MD's restrictiveness on 2A carry rights and the arbitrary actions of the MDSP LD. What a disappointment this guy is. When I became semi aware of 2A rights activities in MD, he was said to be one of the wise lions of the movement in MD. But this recent email diatribe is just petty point scoring.

I would love to see the MD legislature continue to find ways to deny carry rights of responsible, law abiding citizens in the state. If DC can't keep their good reason infringement, what makes MD so special to be even more restrictive.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    This is the same JJ who, when I was in my initial attempts to obtain my MD carry permit, offered some "inside" influences. He told me I would be receiving a "card in the mail" and to call him and "read him what it says on the back", once I received it. When nothing showed up I asked him what gives and he said he never said any of that. I also told him that I had gotten a number of other parties involved and he became semi-angered and never offered any assistance. I moved on and procured my permit no thanks to his greedy and ego driven tactics.

As a citizen who has attended numerous HPRB meetings and had interactions with board members, I take umbrage at the idea that "intimidation" was the goal by attending. If he would back that up, I think it would make his flimsy argument a little more respectable.

latest

If DC can't keep their good reason infringement, what makes MD so special to be even more restrictive.

Gansler ran a much better ship.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    How is quietly attending meetings open to the public called activism? Isn't this the responsibility of citizens? How is reporting the proceedings of these meetings "activism"? What system of government does he think we operate under? I think my good friend, Cypherpunk (who, at one time, helped direct me to MD Shooters), was one of the first to suggest attendence at these meetings, especially for those that might have their application heard by the HPRB in the future.

As per JJ's friend on the HPRB (that he might have helped suggest to the governor) getting negative feedback on social media (i.e. MD Shooters), why is this person more important than the 2A community and MD 2A rights to him? Maybe he agrees with MD's restrictiveness on 2A carry rights and the arbitrary actions of the MDSP LD. What a disappointment this guy is. When I became semi aware of 2A rights activities in MD, he was said to be one of the wise lions of the movement in MD. But this recent email diatribe is just petty point scoring.

I would love to see the MD legislature continue to find ways to deny carry rights of responsible, law abiding citizens in the state. If DC can't keep their good reason infringement, what makes MD so special to be even more restrictive.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

He scored no points here I can assure you

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The days of entrusting MD 2A issues to gun-owner Democrats, who warned that only THEY held sway with gun-hater Femocrats ...those days are over.

We are off the bench and fighting on our feet.

Attachments

• EFC12EBF-62E4-49CD-94A0-47298DB96680.jpeg
      EFC12EBF-62E4-49CD-94A0-47298DB96680.jpeg
      94.4 KB · Views: 229

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    He should probably learn proper English. For instance you shouldn't use a double negative like, "He is unlikely to not." I guess he could just say, "He is likely."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom