• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    To be fair, I construe the message not directed to those at the meeting "sitting quietly". The new board, it is up for speculation how they'd be ruling w/o "activists", so it is really a catch 22 anyway. I think the point is the anti's probably would never even be aware of the HPRB before it became well advertised.

That whole "don't upset the antis" and "work quietly behind the scenes" along with the perception of the professional activists versus the unruly mobs is what got MD to where it is gun wise.

This community has proven that model to be flawed time and time again.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    You know, if sitting quietly in an HPRB meeting observing the process of government is "intimidation", I plead guilty.

Me too. I started attending under the prior Board appointed by Owe'Malley. What a complete joke. But at least Owe's convictions drove his decision making. He used his power to infringe and didn't lose any sleep over it. The Board is now functioning more or less as the Legislature intended. A Citizen controlled oversight Board to check the abuses the MSP Secretary Pollazzi who couldn't care less about your fundamental right to self-defense if he even understood what his oath of office meant in the first place.

I don't recall ever seeing John Josselyn at a HPRB meeting. EVER. Yet he now complains mere attendance at a HPRB meeting - a right under the open meetings act - drove Madaleno to introduce further infringing legisltion? John Josselyn can go suck it! We don't need enemies like him from within. Especially, when our supposed friends find it so hard to find a spine.

What a stoopid message. Sounds a lot like his editorial in the AGC Bulletin blaming MDS for his inability to be effective - right before he went down in flames during the AGC vote last year.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    :party29:
    That’s naive in The Facebook Era.

Facebook did wonders Sept 16, didn't it..

I don't see the note as blame, just an observation. An unintended consequence isn't exactly damning anyone is it? He's basically echoing Lone Ranger of days past. There are people that have owned guns for decades that never heard of the HPRB. If anything, it is a statement that appears better left unsaid.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    :party29:

Facebook did wonders Sept 16, didn't it..

I don't see the note as blame, just an observation. An unintended consequence isn't exactly damning anyone is it? He's basically echoing Lone Ranger of days past. There are people that have owned guns for decades that never heard of the HPRB. If anything, it is a statement that appears better left unsaid.

I guess using the term "radicals" has a different meaning to me than it does you.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The problem is he said it publicly and my impression is he is blaming us for Madaleno's bill instead of the Senator and the MPGV and MDA.

I'm not gonna be blamed publicly by anyone for standing up for my rights.

God knows the people who claim they are haven't

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    He said activists not radicals. A distinction without a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll just have to politely disagree there. The PP are not activists? The term radical itself (which was not scribed) is not anything abominable either. The founding fathers were probably the epitome of radicals.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Sitting quietly in a room is neither radical or activist.

I'll wear the appropriate label when it fits my actual behavior.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    We'll just have to politely disagree there. The PP are not activists? The term radical itself (which was not scribed) is not anything abominable either. The founding fathers were probably the epitome of radicals.

So you read that email and it didn't strike you wrong in the least?

Go on the record, man, cast your lot with the old guard or the new wave.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Remember the old Apple Macintosh commercial where all the minions sat in rows paying rapt attention to Dear Leader until an “activist” charges onto the scene with an awesome Hammer Throw at The Powers That Be?

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I received it this morning and thought WTF. From what I saw / listened to, these folks were sitting quietly in the meetings. What harassment on social media is John talking about?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    So you read that email and it didn't strike you wrong in the least?

Go on the record, man, cast your lot with the old guard or the new wave.

I think the thesis of how the anti's got stirred is not unfounded. I think the mistake (or you want to label it wrong) is does he believe that w/o the vocal "activism" the HPRB would have changed to what they are now. Why I earlier penned a "Catch 22". If the author of the note believes the HPRB would be making rulings it is now w/o the "intimidation" as he calls it, I think he is wrong. Better to get something for a bit, than nothing at all. If Madaleno prevails, I can see a lot of smiles at MSP come renewal time.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I think there is room for both approaches in this fight (good cop/bad cop) but one approach should not ever throw the other under the bus. Smells of personal gain to me.

Go ahead, dissolve the HPRB and see what happens. Removing due process from an infringed right is not helpful to their side. It's a dumb bill, especially in the shadows over what could turn out to MD being forced to issue permits down the road, maybe even sooner than later.

We told the MGA a couple years ago this is your last chance to do this on your terms, and their arrogance prevailed as usual. To quote Frosh "I'll take my chances".

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think there is room for both approaches in this fight (good cop/bad cop) but one approach should not ever throw the other under the bus. Smells of personal gain to me.

To me, that's exactly what has occurred. Anyone can call it whatever they choose.

I call it for what I think it is.

Feel free to form your own opinions about it and the author

And I couldn't care less about stirring up the antis. we see what the previous tactics resulted in. Nada for us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom