*Notice* Final petitions to the handgun roster for review is due this Friday the 13th

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Have a newly released or older model handgun that you really wanted but it's not on the current roster?
    Then hurry up and fill out the petition form and mail it in immediately, due Friday October 13th to be Reviewed on November 1st (new date) and then if approved will likely take until mid December before officially on roster and approved for sale in the people's republic of Maryland

Link here
    http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...onBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

Petition form can be found here

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Licensing Division Documents/Handgun Roster Petition.pdf

Current list of approved handguns can be verified here (do not log in just scroll down to drop box of manufacturers)

https://licensingportal.mdsp.maryland.gov/MSPBridgeClient/#/home

If NOT submitted by this Friday the 13th it will likely be March before you have the opportunity to add whatever new gun you had your heart set on this winter.

Several handguns (new handguns) if released this year are already on roster but the model you seek is not verbatim on roster it is easy to get approved IF a close cousin of that very similar handgun is already on roster will likely only need the form filled out and sent it then just a waiting game..
    If it's a completely new manufacture or new model altogether ie Silencerco Maxim it will need a working example to be sent in via your FFL.

I am filing out a form right now for a Rock Island 1911 to be submitted tomorrow..

A few guns I am in the market for this winter and will likely fill out a form for as well while I'm at it
    are..

Sig Sauer P320 X Carry
    Chiappa 30DS
    Beretta Compart Carry (Langdon edition)

Notable as well
    Hudson H9 (Hudson emailed me saying they would submit a gun to MSP for the roster)
    Glock Gen5 (Glock already supposedly submitted one or examples into MSP for review last month)
    Email Martin CEO of Armscor to see if he can't have his entire line up on roster

New Guns I've helped add for Marylanders that are now on roster
    Ruger LCP II cerakote Grey model (yes sadly colors must be added individually ��)
    CZ Scorpion EVO pistol in FDE low and high capacity sku's

It's noteworthy that the lady who handles the roster (extremely friendly/helpful) can add "in house" any new colors and very small variances of an existing ie Ruger LCP with Laser, model with Stainless slide, distributor exclusive like Lipseys or Galley of Guns etc

Hope this is helpful!!

I am finding out the hard way my Rock Island 1911 (Mid August birthday purchase) will be stuck in Jail until added in December due to an extremely vague mis represented description of a plethora of models. Doesn't help that the review bored meeting was pushed back a couple weeks!

Last edited:

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Spent over an hour at the office regarding the upcoming roster meeting Nov 1

Maybe 12-15 handguns are up for review, I added a few to the list such as a Rock island Tac Ultra FS, Beretta Carry compact, and another Ruger (revolver)

Notable ones that I saw
    Glock Gen5's (3 models)
    Silencerco Maxim
    Chiappa Rhino 9mm
    Sig special ops

Next meeting is scheduled for mid December

Dr. Rod

Mar 29, 2013
    3 models?

Spent over an hour at the office regarding the upcoming roster meeting Nov 1

Maybe 12-15 handguns are up for review, I added a few to the list such as a Rock island Tac Ultra FS, Beretta Carry compact, and another Ruger (revolver)

Notable ones that I saw
    Glock Gen5's (3 models)
    Silencerco Maxim
    Chiappa Rhino 9mm
    Sig special ops

Next meeting is scheduled for mid December

What is the 3rd model???

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    What is the 3rd model???

Not sure.. it confused me as well, just 17 and 19 no idea about the 3rd.
    I remember a few weeks ago someone mentioning a Glock coming next quarter which has a rotating barrel ..but can't be that, that's not expected until next year sometime just a guess

Last edited:

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Is the Maxim defiantly on the agenda? I guess they got a sample.

99.99% sure it was listed when I looked at the computer screen at the MSP licensing/roster office.. The lady who handles the roster pulled up the current submission/petition list for me, if any doubt and want to be 100%, give her a quick call extremely helpful/friendly..
    I'm sure either an FFL or Silencerco themselves submitted one.
    Either way I guess it doesn't even matter as the Form 4 will need to be done so that alone is 7-14 months of wait. So you can go ahead and have it transferred to your FFL and it should be good to go come early January.
    I got to fondle one for a good 10mins at the Oaks gun (dealer just got it a few days before show) it is extremely light compared to what your assumptions might be from afar.. felt good, looked good.. I think they were priced at $1200-1300 from both dealers at the show who had one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom