30 days from approval or 30 days from pickup?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TommyGuns

Dec 2, 2016
    Quick question about regulated fire arms. I understand you can only get one every 30 days. Is this 30 days from the pickup/transfer of the firearm or 30 days from the state police approval For example, if it was approved on the 30th of September, however, you did not pick it up until the 7th of October and it shows in the state police system it was picked up and transferred on the 7h.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Quick question about regulated fire arms. I understand you can only get one every 30 days. Is this 30 days from the pickup/transfer of the firearm or 30 days from the state police approval For example, if it was approved on the 30th of September, however, you did not pick it up until the 7th of October and it shows in the state police system it was picked up and transferred on the 7h.

Get a MD collectors letter. It comes in about 30 days. :innocent0

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...singDivision/Firearms/FirearmsCollectors.aspx

Scott's Gunsmithing

Industry Partner
    Mar 21, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    You can pick up your second regulated purchase 30 days after pickup of your previous regulated purchase.

Also, you can buy 2 at one time and wait at least 60 days until the next pickup.

Posted by sxs

TommyGuns

Dec 2, 2016
    You can pick up your second regulated purchase 30 days after pickup of your previous regulated purchase.

Also, you can buy 2 at one time and wait at least 60 days until the next pickup.

Posted by sxs

Actually, I just found out I can purchase 2 at a time. I didn't realize you had to wait 60 days though. I appreciate that info.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Actually, I just found out I can purchase 2 at a time. I didn't realize you had to wait 60 days though. I appreciate that info.

You'll be happy with your collector status. Then you can buy as many as you want.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    As an added bonus, you only pay one $10 bribe to the MSP per background check, regardless of how many items are on it. So it gets prorated across your purchases. I try to save money by buying at least 2 at a time. When in doubt, toss in a stripped lower or 2...you'll still only give MSP $10 for everything.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question, but I should be getting my HQL in the mail this week. I sent in my DC letter last week. If I buy a handgun before I get my letter back, do I still have to wait 30 days (or however much time is left) after I receive my DC confirmation?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nope.

Once you have the DC letter , the whole 30day thing becomes moot. You are then limited by what you want/ can afford/ semi- peaceful relations with Significant Other .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As an added bonus, you only pay one $10 bribe to the MSP per background check, regardless of how many items are on it. So it gets prorated across your purchases. I try to save money by buying at least 2 at a time. When in doubt, toss in a stripped lower or 2...you'll still only give MSP $10 for everything.

I realize this is a "it varies by IP", but do most IPs/shops also charge reduced rates for multiple regulated firearms transfers? Seems like less work per firearm as well as only that one $10 charge for them from MSP, so transferring 2, or 3 or 4 at a time seems like they'd probably give you a discount.

What I think and reality are often very different things though.

Anyone have any experience?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Nope.

Once you have the DC letter , the whole 30day thing becomes moot. You are then limited by what you want/ can afford/ semi- peaceful relations with Significant Other .

That last is why I am partly wondering about the discount on more than one at once. I mean, come on honey, I saved a TON of money by buying 5 lowers at once!

:-)

PS I do have my DC letter, I just haven't taken advantage of it yet. I figure I'll probably have to one of these days soon.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , it does vary by IP. I can't claim encyclopedic knowledge , but usually so . The exception already had below average fee at the time.

But the multiple item discount wasn't enough to make a difference in spousal opinions.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question, but I should be getting my HQL in the mail this week. I sent in my DC letter last week. If I buy a handgun before I get my letter back, do I still have to wait 30 days (or however much time is left) after I receive my DC confirmation?

There have been some cases of them not issuing the DC letter until you actually purchase a handgun.

Just warning that it could happen.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    There have been some cases of them not issuing the DC letter until you actually purchase a handgun.

Just warning that it could happen.

I purchased a C&R handgun in state back in 2014 which I didn't need the HQL for, so hopefully that works in my favor. If not, I guess that gives me enough of a reason to go out and get something else now.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Interestingly enough I got my D.C. letter today in the mail. I only sent it in a week ago. Everything I read said it usually takes a month. Not that I’m complaining or anything though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom