• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheDykstra

Sep 20, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I'm looking for private property where I can shoot .308 or 6.5mm out to at least 850m, ideally 1000m or more. I'll provide all the 550 steel gongs and silhouettes. Trying to find a place in Howard, Frederick or Carroll counties.

I'd like to shoot at least once a month. Probably weekends only but in varying weather conditions. Depending on quality of the location I'd be willing to kick in some cash on top.

Please let me know if you know of a location or parties that might be interested.

TheDykstra

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Good luck on your search, not many properties that size in those counties. As a square, that is about 800 acres. also in Howard it wouldn't be legal.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    fyi peacemaker (www.peacemakernational.com), west of frederick, below hagerstown and above frederick, generally has a monthly LR match going out to 1200yds, great opportunity to get dope for your rifles. Having one today i believe. don't need to be a member to do this.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Yes but first you have to prove you can safely shoot at 300 and 600 before they will let you on the really long ranges. Actually in West Virginia near the VA line.

I doubt there is anyone in MD who would let you do that without seeing how you shoot before hand. Any bullet that goes off their property and does damage or injury will be their fault. Howard, Carroll, and Frederick are generally not rural enough for that kind of shooting like out West. I can shoot to 500-600 on the farm I live on in WV and that is about 200 acres. While I have sight lines that allow longer targets there are too many smaller farms around and not enough good hills for backstops (not to mention the cattle range all over this place). Its why I belong to Peacemaker NTC so when I get tired of action shooting sports I can go there.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I'm looking for private property where I can shoot .308 or 6.5mm out to at least 850m, ideally 1000m or more. I'll provide all the 550 steel gongs and silhouettes. Trying to find a place in Howard, Frederick or Carroll counties.

I'd like to shoot at least once a month. Probably weekends only but in varying weather conditions. Depending on quality of the location I'd be willing to kick in some cash on top.

Please let me know if you know of a location or parties that might be interested.

TheDykstra

Good luck. I was just lamenting in the recreational shooting thread about the long range rifle I bought some years ago and what a pain it is to try to find any place to shoot it. You can explore this site.

http://wheretoshoot.org/Find_Range/index.asp

Edit: I was just looking at my referenced link again and the place in Cumberland now has a 3 year waiting list. We desperately need more ranges.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I gotta go back home to WV to shoot my 50bmg. It's kinda fun to shoot at 200 yards, but it's a blast when you bull the trigger, come off your sight picture then look up and see the round hit the target.

My only problem now is when I got the 50, the scope was canted just a bit and I want to straighten that out. So now I'm going to have to go through the sighting in process again!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    My only problem now is when I got the 50, the scope was canted just a bit and I want to straighten that out. So now I'm going to have to go through the sighting in process again!

Cheaper to adjust the corresponding cant of your head. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom