• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    While just as angered as everyone else here with this decision, the 10-4 split is far more troubling for me. If it had been a simple majority, I think moving forward would have been a little easier but I guess we shall see.

Property in West Virginia is looking more and more appealing every day. This state has allowed itself to get completely froshed up and with this win, I'm afraid more than just those "nasty, evil black automatic death machines" will get banned in the very near future. I truly hope I'm wrong.

Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    Quote:
    the Orlando gunman used a Sig Sauer MCX, a semiautomatic rifle that was developed at the request of our Army’s special forces and is known in some military circles as the “Black Mamba.”

Attachments

• Mamba.jpg
      Mamba.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 611
    • mamba (2).jpg
      mamba (2).jpg
      25.8 KB · Views: 607

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    WV is in 4th Circuit, so when they get around to banning it'll be just as legal as it is here...

Only if WV chooses to ban. Will their legislature pass it? Just because an opinion says they CAN be banned doesn't mean a State will ban them.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    This is why I favor a Federal preemptive act. No more playing with insolent courts.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Who does it first? CA or MD? Will it be like CT where most people refuse to comply and LE refuses to enforce?

Didn't CT forget the LE exemption like NY? MD has long loved the LE exemption to ensure its ranks of Storm Troopers.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    This entire bill was window dressing from the start. It had nothing to do with preventing gun violence but rather limiting the gun rights of Maryland citizens. In conjunction with the Maryland HQL, they have been successful in putting up roadblocks.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    So what happens if SCOTUS denies cert, or hears it and we lose?

1. Soap box
    2. Ballot Box
    3. Jury box
    4. Repeat steps 1-3 as desired. :sad20:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Not surprised. However, they seem to have created a split with regard to the retired LEO exception with Silveira. Really, so what if the retired LEOs had AW training? The point of the ban was that these are so dangerous (someone misusing them) that they couldn't be in civilian hands.

Retired LEOs are not civilians? Shame on the cop unions for the deal with the devil. They will never have my respect until they man up and quit allowing our rights to be violated so long as they "get theirs":mad54:

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    On the bright side... Hillary Clinton could be president right now. So, we've got that going for us.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'll add that we're seeing the same thing WRT 2A as Trump is seeing trying to run the government. The Deep State is trying to ignore the election results and the Constitution.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    Not surprised. However, they seem to have created a split with regard to the retired LEO exception with Silveira. Really, so what if the retired LEOs had AW training? The point of the ban was that these are so dangerous (someone misusing them) that they couldn't be in civilian hands.

Retired LEOs are not civilians? Shame on the cop unions for the deal with the devil. They will never have my respect until they man up and quit allowing our rights to be violated so long as they "get theirs":mad54:

I thought the bill has something written where they had to turn in the AW when they retired? Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

LEO exceptions are BS. I have spent more time with my AR's than most LEO. There are many many people here more proficient than LEO with AR's. Argument is null and void.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom