• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I am not saying I agree with the decisions obviously, but does it seem to anyone else like the state/defense had a substantial amount of evidence to support their opinions more so than the plaintiffs? I'm still reading now, 40ish pages so far, but the plaintiffs appeared to only have a couple arguments to support their side.

And yes, their arguments were supported by common sense, but since common sense doesn't really win the day anymore, it seems like a lot more supporting evidence would have done better than the 2A violation and "large-cap mags for home defense".

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I am not saying I agree with the decisions obviously, but does it seem to anyone else like the state/defense had a substantial amount of evidence to support their opinions more so than the plaintiffs? I'm still reading now, 40ish pages so far, but the plaintiffs appeared to only have a couple arguments to support their side.

And yes, their arguments were supported by common sense, but since common sense doesn't really win the day anymore, it seems like a lot more supporting evidence would have done better than the 2A violation and "large-cap mags for home defense".

When you have judiciary members that will ask openly in court "how many terror attacks have Federal Law Enforcement really stopped?" does it much matter what else they opine in their opinions?

Ignorance knows, no bounds.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    The majority opinion is weak. Really weak. Several falsehoods and outright misstatements of facts.

It seems bloomberg as the 8th richest man in the world can buy constitutional rights.

I havent got to the dissent yet, im getting ready to head to crownsville to watch frosh get his proverbial teeth kicked in.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I am not saying I agree with the decisions obviously, but does it seem to anyone else like the state/defense had a substantial amount of evidence to support their opinions more so than the plaintiffs? I'm still reading now, 40ish pages so far, but the plaintiffs appeared to only have a couple arguments to support their side.

Our side had evidence too. The opinion doesnt cite them because it undermines their arguments.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The real question....will SCOTUS take it after not hearing NY and CT? MD will be trying for an all-out ban, I have no doubt.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    The real question....will SCOTUS take it after not hearing NY and CT? MD will be trying for an all-out ban, I have no doubt.

Did they even consider Caetano? (I haven't read it, couldn't stand it after reading the :bs: hyperplectic "black mamba" comment. Maybe these folks spent too much time with Milo).

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    ... is if it is even a good idea to take this up a notch.

It's worth the shot; remember denial of cert is not denial of the case; wait a few years until Ginsey is a bit stiffer (than she already is), and maybe we have another justice in our favor. (Morbid, I'm aware; but if one has not been paying attention, there is an all out cultural / philosophical war on America ideals at all levels, from multiple fronts.).

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I wouldn't count on a win at scotus with Anthony "California conservative" Kennedy still there

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    ... In support of its motion for summary judgment, the State proffered extensive uncontroverted evidence demonstrating that the assault weapons outlawed by the FSA are exceptionally lethal weapons of war. ...

...The difference between the fully automatic and semiautomatic versions of those firearms is slight. That is, the automatic firing of all the ammunition in a large-capacity thirty-round magazine takes about two seconds, whereas a semiautomatic rifle can empty the same magazine in as little as five seconds....

What a load of horse crap. Sounds like Bloomberg wrote the decision.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    wait wut?

Are the banned assault weapons and large-capacity magazines “like” “M-16 rifles,” i.e., “weapons that are most useful in military service,” and thus outside the ambit of the Second Amendment? See 554 U.S. at 627. Appeal: 14-1945
    The answer to that dispositive and relatively easy inquiry is plainly in the affirmative.

Isn't this a clear split with the 7th?

I have not read the dissent, I am not done puking.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    ... In support of its motion for summary judgment, the State proffered extensive uncontroverted evidence demonstrating that the assault weapons outlawed by the FSA are exceptionally lethal weapons of war. ...

...The difference between the fully automatic and semiautomatic versions of those firearms is slight. That is, the automatic firing of all the ammunition in a large-capacity thirty-round magazine takes about two seconds, whereas a semiautomatic rifle can empty the same magazine in as little as five seconds....

Clearly allows confiscation of all semiauto long guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom