• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    Just got my VA a few days ago. Was exactly four months from receipt at VSP to my mailbox. Was a "renewal" of an expired.

Mailed NH about when you did, haven't heard. The Governor just signed their constitutional carry bill, so that might change processing and timing.

Thanks for the info ;-)

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    Mailed in my permit yesterday, Fingers crossed.

Below is my G&S. What do y'all think?

1. For any lawful purpose;

2. OPM data breach, Due to the recent hacking of the Office of Personnel Management System database, which I am apart of, is currently being sold Online which contains all but not limited to the following information contained on the SF86; A. Current security clearances held, B. current address of work, C. current address of residence, D. physical description as well as immediate family members, E. military history. F. Full name, G. Social Security number, H. date and place of birth, educational background, employment history, personal foreign travel, other information about immediate family as well as business and personal acquaintances and other information used to conduct and adjudicate background investigations. (See documentation attached);

3. Current military member (US Army Officer) See DD-214;

4. Work at fort Belvoir (targeted by: ISIS and other radicalized groups);

5. DOD Secret clearance ;

6. DOJ security clearance (pending adjudication);

7. DOD credentials always on person (PIV/Access card);

8. DOJ credentials always on person (ATF PIV/Access card);

9. Recent attacks on Law-Enforcement Officers and Military members from radicalized groups;

10. lawfully protect family and self outside of my home and while traversing the state of Maryland;

11. Credit cards exceeding $20,000 USD;

Keep in mind that I did supply them with OPM letter and dd214.

Last edited:

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014

Here my G&S, What do y'all think?

2. OPM data breach, Due to the recent hacking of the Office of Personnel Management System database, which I am apart of, is currently being sold Online which contains all but not limited to the following information contained on the SF86; A. Current security clearances held, B. current address of work, C. current address of residence, D. physical description as well as immediate family members, E. military history. F. Full name, G. Social Security number, H. date and place of birth, educational background, employment history, personal foreign travel, other information about immediate family as well as business and personal acquaintances and other information used to conduct and adjudicate background investigations. (See documentation attached);

9. Recent attacks on Law-Enforcement Officers and Military members from radicalized groups;

10. lawfully protect family and self outside of my home and while traversing the state of Maryland;

I like it! Your G&S is far more detailed than mine. I put "For all lawful purposes while operating as owner and propietor of 'my business name' and it's subsidiaries" So I figure that's as close to an unrestricted carry permit as I can get since I'm always operating as owner and propietor of my businesses.

Last edited:

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I like it! Your G&S is for more detailed than mine. I put "For all lawful purposes while operating as owner and propietor of 'my business name' and it's subsidiaries" So I figure that's as close to an unrestricted carry permit as I can get since I'm always operating as owner and propietor of my businesses.

As long as you're not prohibited you will get permit with the standard business owner restrictions "While conducting business as the owner of The Hillary Clinton Pantsuit Corporation", not "while operating as owner of".

If it were up to me our .mil brother would have gotten a permit yesterday, but I'm not getting a good vibe on this. TS/SCI would have been mo betta and even that's not a given.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD

Do you have dod stickers/gate passes on your vehicles?

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Most bases I know of have gotten rid of car decals. Is that still in practice anywhere?

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    Do you have dod stickers/gate passes on your vehicles?

You are not required to have DOD stickers on your vehicle anymore. You're just required to show you're a member of DoD via CaC card, Family military ID, Retire ID, etc...

Most bases I know of have gotten rid of car decals. Is that still in practice anywhere?

You are correct! Its not a required thing anymore. But I did hear that O-5 and above should have it. Not sure why...

As long as you're not prohibited you will get permit with the standard business owner restrictions "While conducting business as the owner of The Hillary Clinton Pantsuit Corporation", not "while operating as owner of".

If it were up to me our .mil brother would have gotten a permit yesterday, but I'm not getting a good vibe on this. TS/SCI would have been mo betta and even that's not a given.

I mean, I wasn't about to lie about my clearance being TS/SCI. but I do agree that it would have been a better argument on my part. But we need to keep in mind that the radical groups out there and the home grown radicals, DO NOT differentiate between someone with a TS/SCI, Secret, or just someone in support of the government in some way. A win is a win to them, and thats how they will exploit it.

I like it! Your G&S is far more detailed than mine. I put "For all lawful purposes while operating as owner and propietor of 'my business name' and it's subsidiaries" So I figure that's as close to an unrestricted carry permit as I can get since I'm always operating as owner and propietor of my businesses.

You already have yours or are you in the process?

Last edited:

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    GlockxRob- I'm the OP of this thread lol...so no, I don't have it yet and I'm still in the process but I really don't have anything to report except that my application wasn't returned this time.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    Pulled Florida license out of the mail today 27 Feb, letter was post marked 23 Feb! That's a 13 day turn around from the date my application was scheduled to be delivered!!!!!!! Wowzers lol

*Edit* I just remembered that Florida allows expidited processing for active duty service members and honorably discharged veterans and I checked the box for expidited processing, but that's still super fast.

MD check STILL has not cleared

No update on VA

NH was mailed Feb 16th, no update

Ok I'm an idiot for this but I was really concerned about my check to the MDSP not clearing so I double checked my account b4 calling them and found that the check actually cleared on Feb 9th, not sure how in the world I missed the check clearing for this long but I did.

No update on NH-I'm sure this time

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    FWIW two active duty friends just got approved for MD concealed carry.

Both used OPM breach, TS/SCI access, an ISIS as their justification.

Another two retired Navy guys have completed their interviews using the same justification (word for word as the two active duty guys) and are waiting to hear back from MSP.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    FWIW two active duty friends just got approved for MD concealed carry.

Both used OPM breach, TS/SCI access, an ISIS as their justification.

Another two retired Navy guys have completed their interviews using the same justification (word for word as the two active duty guys) and are waiting to hear back from MSP.
    Unrestricted or off duty restriction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom