• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    Well I've been doing a lot of lurking here and finally got around to completing and mailing my MD carry application today. I forgot to buy delivery confirmation from the post office :facepalm: but I'm sure it will arrive by Wednesday.

So we'll see I guess....fingers crossed

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    Thanks guys!

I should also note that I mailed my Virginia Non Resident Carry permit application yesterday 24 Jan and my receipt said delivery by Thurs 26 Jan. My receipt for the MD application said estimated delivery Wed 25 Jan (today). So it will be interesting to see which application is approved/denied etc first with them being mailed only a day apart.

Of course I fully expect to be approved for the VA license, but I still want to compare processing times.

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    What wonderful phrase! It ain't no passing craze!

But seriously, I too am interested in your G&S if you're willing to share. If not, I totally understand. Either way, good luck.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    I'm a small business owner, I'm into contracting and real estate.

I would also be an FFL holder but my landlord (a self professed "NRA guy") didn't like the idea of guns on the property. So I get all the way to the end of the application process and the ATF agent (who was SUPER nice and accommodating) says "Well you're all approved, what do you think your landlord is going to say" Of course I just know he's going to be fine with it and nope, he says no. That was about a year ago and as you can see I'm still salty.

09jackpot

Oct 18, 2016
    Quick question on this subject. My wife owns a small business and we do a majority of delivery throughout the Maryland area. We collect cash from customers daily, but there is no given schedule or amount collected. Sometimes collect on weekends. I would like to know a couple things
    1. What needs to be done if I am not listed as a owner of the company? Not sure if it matters half mine good or bad right?
    2. If I something extra is needed do I have her write and sign a letter? If so is there a standard format it should be in to include the proper legal terms?
    3. I hear about the stipulations and restrictions on Maryland for when you can carry. I guess you have to wait for the reply(Approved or disapproved)?

Appreciate anyone's input either way. Thanks.

Also sent email to Congressman in regards to the National Conceal Carry Reciprocity 2017. Have not heard anything back. Not sure if will help, he seems to be against Trump. Brown.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You would need to be a Manager .

You would need a letter from wife ( as owner) that having her Manager ( you) armed in conjunction with your duties would be required or desired to carry out duties.

Your probably restriction language would be to the effect of " While conducting business as Manager of ( Wife's Company Name ).

If she doesn't already have a Permit as Owner of said Company, you will probably have to provide the various documentation that the wife's enterprise is a valid and functioning company. - Some combination of incorperation document, zoning, business license(s), etc. And the letter from your bank that ( wife company ) has an active business account.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Good for you but you won't find anyone here that will be you will hear from MSP first. They will take their 90 days.

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    Well, I didn't think that I'd be reporting back this quickly but I am.....pulled my returned application of out the mailbox today with a nice letter detailing why it was returned:

1. The application you submitted is no longer being accepted. See attached instructions on how to obtain the revised application.
    2. Handwritten applications are not acceptable. You must complete the application online.
    3. The correct fee for this application is $75.00

So, basically all the work except for having my fingerprints done was for nothing ��

I downloaded the app from a link on this site, didn't bother to go to the State police website to verify that it was current, oh well. I'll report back once I get everything resubmitted, but this is honestly ridiculous, it shouldn't be this hard.

*Edit* Ok so I found the application on the mdsp.org website under LICENSING and completed the form online...HOWEVER the form cannot be submitted electronically! It still must be printed, signed and mailed, but there is no longer a need to have the forms notarized. WOW! This is getting to be just a bit silly. I would understand not accepting handwritten applications if the form is now completed AND submitted online, but if we still need to mail the form then what the heck??

*Edit 08 Feb 17* Mailed the completed application out again, it should have arrived Mon the 6th. I mailed the Florida CCW application on the 7th and it should arrive by the 10th. We'll see how things go from here.

Last edited:

Hakuna Matata

May 14, 2014
    VA CCW check cleared 14 Feb 17
    No update on MD- *Edit* Check actually cleared 09 Feb 17
    No update on FL- *Edit* Check cleared 17 Feb 17

Last edited:

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Well, I didn't think that I'd be reporting back this quickly but I am.....pulled my returned application of out the mailbox today with a nice letter detailing why it was returned:

1. The application you submitted is no longer being accepted. See attached instructions on how to obtain the revised application.
    2. Handwritten applications are not acceptable. You must complete the application online.
    3. The correct fee for this application is $75.00

So, basically all the work except for having my fingerprints done was for nothing ��

I downloaded the app from a link on this site, didn't bother to go to the State police website to verify that it was current, oh well. I'll report back once I get everything resubmitted, but this is honestly ridiculous, it shouldn't be this hard.

*Edit* Ok so I found the application on the mdsp.org website under LICENSING and completed the form online...HOWEVER the form cannot be submitted electronically! It still must be printed, signed and mailed, but there is no longer a need to have the forms notarized. WOW! This is getting to be just a bit silly. I would understand not accepting handwritten applications if the form is now completed AND submitted online, but if we still need to mail the form then what the heck??

*Edit 08 Feb 17* Mailed the completed application out again, it should have arrived Mon the 6th. I mailed the Florida CCW application on the 7th and it should arrive by the 10th. We'll see how things go from here.

This same thing happened to me, with the out dated app from the "how to apply" sticky. I talked to one of the investigating officers and found out a short time line.
    Takes at least 1 week for them to assign the application to the appropriate officer. When the application is assigned is when MSP starts the clock.
    They review the application and make sure all the right forms and information is turned in.

He also said they are becoming over whelmed with applications and are having a hard time meeting the 90 day window so dont be in a hurry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom