• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    can't seem to find link for streaming, checked the link previously submitted but nothing

Having same problem. Trying to find link to stream on phone.

On the link provided look on the left hand side "related links" click on the camera next to the House Committees on the next page click on the Judiciary "On Air" button, should take you to it.

That being said, they use an old outdated streaming format "Silverlight" IIRC and it might not play on your phone.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Just sent:

Chairman and Honorable Delegates:

Thank you for your attention during yesterday's hearing on the gun related bills. As you saw, via oral and written testimony, there is strong support for many of the bills.

I hope that you will provide your support.

As I did during my oral testimony yesterday, I would like to draw your attention to two bills.
    HB39: Public Safety - Handgun Identification Requirements – Repeal of the Requirement for a Fired Shell Casing With the Purchase of a New Handgun
    - The program has never worked as planned.
    - The scanning machine manufacturer was sued due to issues with the machine.
    - The program has been unfunded for several years.
    - Shells are stored, but not scanned.
    - New York, the only other state to implement such a program, cited an MSP Forensic Science report when it cancelled its program in 2012.
    - The program is ineffective as firing pin impressions change over time, Firing pins cost less than $20 and are easily changed.
    - The program is a burden to Maryland citizens.
    HB160: Handgun Locking Devices - Repeal Exclusivity of Internal Locks - Requirements for External or Internal Lock System
    - The locks required for purchase of a handgun are difficult to use and ineffective.
    - The required locks have the potential to damage a gun’s barrel.
    - Maryland is the only state to require such locks. They are difficult to obtain for certain firearms.
    - Modern handguns are generally sold with a cable lock.
    - Cable locks are easy to use and effective.
    - Cable locks are recommended by municipal police departments and the Maryland State Police for use after purchase.
    - Maryland gun owners have a strong interest in securing their guns and preventing their unlawful or inappropriate use.

I ask for your support of the above bills.
    Thank you.

Hodgepodge
    Arnold, MD
    District 33

bshedwick

Apr 3, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Any way to find out the status of some of these bills? I'm interested in HB0842. Don't see anything on the MD legislative website about it beyond the text and the sponsors

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    You see a sticky for this year anywhere? I think it's a shame that we can post a thread for each HPRB meeting but we don't have the will to start a new sticky for this year and retire the old one.

That says something about why these idiotic bills are passed.
    WE ALLOW THEM TO!

:mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom