Family member with a Felony (Marijuana) possible to expunge?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    if they can vote in jail, they should be able to have guns in jail.

oh, wait...

In all seriousness, there should be an automatic restoration of rights if no further offenses have occurred after X number of years after finishing their sentence/parole for a non-violent offense.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My thought on the matter is if it's not a violent act, after 5-10yrs of paying your dues you should be automatically restored to a clean slate with all your rights.
    If it's a major violent crime longer time frame and with more headache to pardon/expunge.
    The real downer would be if Maryland legalized marijuana in the next few years, would make this matter that much more sad..

Ok.....

Last edited:

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks to those who contributed, I'll be in contact with a lawyer Monday

As for others who got off topic.. I hope you get the attention and professional help you desperately need with whatever it is that is making your life miserable

:)[/QUOTE

Have an appointment with my Jameson's coming up!

Last edited:

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    If saying what the law is doesn't correspond with what you want it to be then why ask for help? If people say something you don't like why keep asking? And just come out and be honest....this is for you right? Otherwise there is NO WAY you can do the things you want to do for "a friend". They have to do them themselves. How can a lawyer talk to you about someone else's issues? Lawyer client privilege. And I hope "your friend" gets all the help they deserve.

Lawyers do it all the time.

They can certainly have preliminary discussions with third parties to see if a case is viable.

The lawyer isn’t disclosing anything the other party didn’t already know, so no breach of confidentiality.

The friend would ultimately have to actually hire the lawyer to get a case rolling, but things could certainly have proceeded just as the OP described up to this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom