• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Has JJ posted here?

Nope.

There is no way I would post here if I was JJ. I have not talked to him since this thread started or about this subject. I thought about sending him a link but I decided against it. With no blame going to you swinokur, I would not dignify this thread with a reply.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    This is completely off topic, but

For those who don't remember Jim started this crap back in 2005. He's a copy of a news article from back then.

From that article, (I emboldened words for my point)

"Purtilo points to Del. Donald H. Dwyer Jr.'s aborted attempt to petition the gay marriage ban to the House floor, which prompted House Speaker Michael E. Busch's subsequent threat to nuke all Republican legislation."

I believe this one point alone warrants its own discussion. I have been pressing the Repub's for several years to petition the G&S bill out of Committee and they are scared shitless to do it. This, to me, explains why, and I say let him nuke them all, then the accountability will be on the table and out in the open.

Sorry to get off topic, but thank you to j_h_smith for that article.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    There is no way I would post here if I was JJ. I have not talked to him since this thread started or about this subject. I thought about sending him a link but I decided against it. With no blame going to you swinokur, I would not dignify this thread with a reply.

Because that’s the way JJ rolls, isn’t it?

Years ago, Josselyn logged on here and attacked me out of the blue in the midst of an HQL discussion, and disappeared.

When I reviewed his post history at the time —only 60 posts in 5 YEARS as a member here, I questioned why he was only dropping into MD’s most active firearms forum only with criticisms—and NO attaboys or upbeat recruiting posts.

He ran off, but his disciples here dogpiled me, with a post blizzard telling me to go to Hell.

This place is the nexus of 2A in Maryland. It was then, it is now. If he ain’t here, it tells you something, doesn’t it?

I saluted JJ earlier in this thread in the hopes of helping to this pivot this away to anything else, but you don’t want to let it go.

Besides, at one point do you just step back and let JJ handle his own debates?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I was actually hoping he would weigh in to explain the email.

nada.

easier to snipe at us from his perch, wherever that is now.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Sad... very sad... I held Mr. Josselyn in very high regard for his being a heavy-hitter in the Md. 2A arena. Very disappointed at yet another snipe at a group of folks, many I consider to be friends, that took a leap of faith to try and "do something" that may help correct some of the wrongdoings in Md. gov't. Although the HPRB ship has not been fully righted, it is no longer floating in a sea of decisions upholding the MSP and denying permits to citizens that should not have to grovel at their feet in the first place.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Best I recall, there were some jerks who made threats, or at least very inappropriate remarks regarding them.

I've always wanted to know what threats have been made. Clearly there is a legal standard. But in the current times of a large snowflake nation and anti-s ripping hats off peoples heads for a counter position, they may consider a simple disagreement as a threat. When someone says they're threatened, I want to know the specifics.

"I will campaign against you."
    "I will boycott your contributors."
    "I will publish your address and phone number."
    "I will stand outside your house or business and peacefully protest."
    "I will report your illegal acts."

None of these are threats, but I bet the lefties consider them to be.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My closing soliloquy in this thread is if 2A wants to blame anyone for Magdaleno's attempts to close up the HPRB, place the blame squarely where it belongs; Madaleno and his gun grabbing supporters, not a group of patriots who have had enough of the less effective tactics of the past and seek an additional, but effective and different, way forward.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And for the record, the supposed 2A legislative expert who erroneously and openly criticized "2A activists" who come to the HPRB meetings for the purpose of "intimidation" couldn't be bothered to show up and see our "intimidation", first hand, instead relying on second hand info from people who apparently feel threatened by citizens sitting quietly and respectfully observing THEIR government at work.

Yeah, JJ we know who I'm talking about

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    And for the record, the supposed 2A legislative expert who erroneously and openly criticized "2A activists" who come to the HPRB meetings for the purpose of "intimidation" couldn't be bothered to show up and see our "intimidation", first hand, instead relying on second hand info from people who apparently feel threatened by citizens sitting quietly and respectfully observing THEIR government at work.

Yeah, JJ we know who I'm talking about

The Gambino family and it's syndicate would just sit quietly and respectfully in the first two rows in the gallery across from the jury. They were wrongly accused of intimidation too. Just noting this is not the first time the fallacy that a gallery with a palpable bias has any effect. Be like trying convince someone that would actually believe if the last year plus the gallery at HPRB had been exclusively 20-30 mdpgv crew sitting quietly each time, we wouldn't be getting the decisions we are now. I'm beginning to see I have been giving Hogan too little credit for new found goodness of the HPRB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom