• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    A call this evening to the desk officer at pikesville was a huge disappointment. She advised that 77r can only be entered by the licensing division m-f 8-4:30. She sounded like maybe she was a minute away from screaming at someone so needless to say, we avoided her. How are these people still not trained almost a year later?

Shout out to the desk Trooper today 1800hrs at Waterloo. He admitted previously working in the licensing division but had not yet done an electronic 77r. Supremely cordial on a busy Sunday, he had to call headquarters, then gun division, and finally was referred to the Glen Burnie barracks for someone experienced in using the online portal. He said he would keep calling puerile until someone finally knew what to do. After 30 mins on the phone and getting a quick primer he had the application entered in about 5 minutes. Even had to manually enter an hql exempt pistol. Thanks Trooper for a great experience during an oppresive process.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Received my Not Disapproved email, and wanted to print out the application for my records. Logged on entered Validation Code and selected Print Application. Only receive a spinning circle and then nothing.

What is preventing the printing of the application?

Thanks

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Received my Not Disapproved email, and wanted to print out the application for my records. Logged on entered Validation Code and selected Print Application. Only receive a spinning circle and then nothing.

Thanks

Try again later. I've printed every one of my applications without any problems.

Good Luck!

Jul 1, 2012

Thanks

I got the same thing with Chrome.
    Even after enabling pop-ups for the site it wouldn't work.

Wound up going to Firefox and disabling the pop-up blocker for the site and it worked fine.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I got the same thing with Chrome.
    Even after enabling pop-ups for the site it wouldn't work.

Wound up going to Firefox and disabling the pop-up blocker for the site and it worked fine.

Dang you were right-on! i also was using Chrome, read your email this am, switched to IE and bingo, works as advertised. Didn't have to disable pop-up blocker.

Thanks much

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    My First Experience With MSP's Portal?

In one word? Sucked!. :tdown: :sad20:

A few days ago I had my dealer order a pistol. The same day I set up my account on the MSP portal. I received my "activate the account" email immediately and did so. Then I filled out a 77R all the way to the step short of submitting it.

About 10 this morning I get a call from my FFL, "Your gun is in". I think, "Cool - submit the 77r, get the email with the app and PIN # and I can be there before they close at 1". WRONG!

Instead of an email I got error messages after the 77R was submitted: "Your connection timed out - log back in and try again" - and several other error messages when I tried to log back in :mad54:

I call MSP: "I'm having issues with a 77R on your portal. Is there anyone I can speak with who can assist?" --- "Uh, those folks don't work on the weekend. You'll have to call back Monday."

Finally about 4PM the site seemed to be working again. I clicked re-send confirmation email and got the app and PIN #'s I need. Too late for today though. :sad20:

Thanks a lot MSP! Either by design or through incompetence you just added at least another two days to my inane "7 day waiting period".

:tantrum:

Rant over. I feel better now.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    don't blame MSP. Blame the dumb assed IT people who did not do a thorough pre plan of impacted services and failed to notify their users of their system

Incompetent? yes.

but in this instance it wasn't MSP.

still sucks

You're right. I was nice to the MSP lady I spoke with and she was nice to me.
    Still, through "someone's" intention or incompetence"... That's the part that sucks and, unfortunately there's no recourse...

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Round Two

You're right. I was nice to the MSP lady I spoke with and she was nice to me.
    Still, through "someone's" intention or incompetence"... That's the part that sucks and, unfortunately there's no recourse...

don't blame MSP. Blame the dumb assed IT people who did not do a thorough pre plan of impacted services and failed to notify their users of their system

Incompetent? yes.

but in this instance it wasn't MSP.

still sucks

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=215818

This may be premature, we'll see:

After the screw up with the MSP website to process 77r's on 10/14, I was finally able to get my app and PIN email on Monday 10/16.

On Tuesday 10/17 I met with my FFL. He was able to get online and complete his part of the app. That means: Day one of the 7-day wait clock begins 10/17. That also means "pick up" day should be Tuesday, 10/24.

Over the past 25 years of living in MD and transferring multiple firearms I've never experienced an issue.

But guess what: My app on this pistol is somehow stalled in the MSP system. No emails, no nothing.

swinokur, this time... MSP owns the delay...

:mad54:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This may be premature, we'll see:

After the screw up with the MSP website to process 77r's on 10/14, I was finally able to get my app and PIN email on Monday 10/16.

On Tuesday 10/17 I met with my FFL. He was able to get online and complete his part of the app. That means: Day one of the 7-day wait clock begins 10/17. That also means "pick up" day should be Tuesday, 10/24.

Over the past 25 years of living in MD and transferring multiple firearms I've never experienced an issue.

But guess what: My app on this pistol is somehow stalled in the MSP system. No emails, no nothing.

swinokur, this time... MSP owns the delay...

:mad54:

Between the time the dealer submits the app and the 6am email saying you can pick up, there are no emails or status updates. Its not stalled. You ought to get a 6am email the day you can pick up.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Between the time the dealer submits the app and the 6am email saying you can pick up, there are no emails or status updates. Its not stalled. You ought to get a 6am email the day you can pick up.

O....K
    I'm usually up about 0500.
    We'll see...

Still, having the ability to plan ahead based on communication makes sense. Apparently the MSP 77R online process does not share that concept...

:sad20:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    O....K
    I'm usually up about 0500.
    We'll see...

Still, having the ability to plan ahead based on communication makes sense. Apparently the MSP 77R online process does not share that concept...

:sad20:

The 7 day wait is pre- programmed into the system. If you kept checking, you may have seen the app go through "2nd review" Friday or today. That was everything getting finished.
    I'd be interested what the dissapproval rate is, but id bet its < 1%. The online process is set up under the assumption most people are getting approved and pick up 7th day.

Or.... youll get a knock and some black SUVs at 5 am...

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    The 7 day wait is pre- programmed into the system. If you kept checking, you may have seen the app go through "2nd review" Friday or today. That was everything getting finished.
    I'd be interested what the dissapproval rate is, but id bet its < 1%. The online process is set up under the assumption most people are getting approved and pick up 7th day.

Or.... youll get a knock and some black SUVs at 5 am...

Rest assured I've been "checking" my app. Zero progress in the MSP system beyond "under MDSP Review" since 10/17.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If it is "stuck", it still might be an IT issue, not an MSP issue.

As noted, either way there isn't much you can do until it is processed.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Clear your cookies and look for the email in your junk folder. Do this just to clear the possibility of something wrong on your end.

Good Luck!

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    my current app went to MSP on 10/19. I am not sure if that means thur or fri for the email, will have to wait and see. if it comes on Friday, I may not be able to pick up until Monday due to me being out of town... arg.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    Thats pretty much all it ever says. You arent missing anything

If it is "stuck", it still might be an IT issue, not an MSP issue.

As noted, either way there isn't much you can do until it is processed.

Understood guys. And I know it's not MSP. It's the laws in the state we live in that suck... :sad20:

I received my "Congratulations" email at 0600 this morning like danb predicted. The new toy is out of jail. Next time I'll know what to expect - maybe...

:innocent0

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Understood guys. And I know it's not MSP. It's the laws in the state we live in that suck... :sad20:

I received my "Congratulations" email at 0600 this morning like danb predicted. The new toy is out of jail. Next time I'll know what to expect - maybe...

:innocent0

Congratulations, hopefully mine will come tomorrow for my stripped lower. It's really stupid that I can buy an AR cash and carry but a stripped lower needs 7 days. Can always make a AR pistol out of my same day AR. But I know I'd be breaking the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom