• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcreynolds

Nov 4, 2015
    It is important to make the gun grabbers work as hard as possible in their quest to destroy the 2A. In the end they will be forced to enact near police state tactics to succeed- and that's when whats left of any free-thinking freedom loving Marylander's will sit up and pay attention.

rcreynolds

Nov 4, 2015
    O'Malley

So then there's this sort of anti-gun incest going on with O'Malley/Curran. I'm proud to think some of my blogging on the post helped squash O'Malleys chances for his presidential run. The man has a thirst for power that's disturbing... Clinton's got it to.

Ppl, the good citizens of MD have got to be called out for their stupidity- stupidity as in letting a government talk theml out of their rights. I'm especially disturbed by the African American community for supporting gun control - for centuries these folks were put down and crushed under the foot of tyranny and then fighting back- Martin, Malcolm, freedom marches Etc. they are just now start to achieve freedoms and what do they do: start giving up rights.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Around the year 2000, Curran came to Caroline County, Maryland and met with "the best and brightest" from our two high schools for a forum, maybe 8 kids total, responding to questions from Curran about "social issues" in and out of school, including drugs, race relations, etc. I was in the audience. Here's the best way I can describe it:

Curran: So how would you rank Caroline County's gun problem: bad, very bad, or extremely bad?

Kids: Uh, we don't have a gun problem here.

Curran: Oh, I would have thought there would be guns around in a rural county.

Kids: There are lots of guns around. We just don't have a problem.

Curran: So, it sounds like maybe its "very bad" then.

Kids: No, not bad at all.

Curran: Well, the lowest category I have is "bad" so we'll just mark it down as a "bad gun problem" and move on to the next issue.

I know this sounds like a Saturday Night Live skit, but I saw it happen.

Typical. Assuming every gun creates problems.

kolohekanaka

Jul 23, 2017
    Howard County, MD
    Laws are meaningless without compliance

All laws, and gun laws in particular, are ineffective without compliance. Criminals by definition do not comply with laws. Yet anti-gun proponents claim that gun laws have prevented criminals from obtaining guns; a claim that is refuted every single time a criminal uses a gun. Gun-banning politicians have yet to craft effective legislation that forces criminals to comply but does not violate the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun-owners.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The attached 63-page planning paper was written and published by J. Joseph Curran in 1999. For those not familiar, Curran was Maryland's fanatically anti-gun Attorney General from 1987-2007 before he retired and Gansler took the reigns. Curran was a darling of the Cease Fire crowd and worked closely with them throughout the years.

In this plan Curran does a good job of outlining the anti-gun crowd's multifaceted plan for gradually chipping away at, and in some cases eventually banning, private gun ownership, especially of handguns. From "educating the children" to think correctly to taking background checks to draconian levels to suing the manufacturers and dealers into oblivion, it's all in there.

The report was available for a long time on the State AG's website. It's was eventually taken down, perhaps at least partially in the hope that the Pro-2A movement would forget such a bold and detailed statement from an elected official regarding the true methods and goals of gun control in this state existed. However, the Internet Archive is a wonderful thing.

Bear in mind his closing statement:

p.63

bump.

People really need to re-read this 1999 document. It could have been written today, and the plan is still the same.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    All laws, and gun laws in particular, are ineffective without compliance. Criminals by definition do not comply with laws. Yet anti-gun proponents claim that gun laws have prevented criminals from obtaining guns; a claim that is refuted every single time a criminal uses a gun. Gun-banning politicians have yet to craft effective legislation that forces criminals to comply but does not violate the constitutional rights of law-abiding gun-owners.

Precisely

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    That's a painful read. I can say I did read it now.
    My favorite is that the 2nd protects state militias, but not private ownership of the arms that he admits made up the militias. He actually thinks the founding fathers didn't expect to protect individual ownership. Grr.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Joe Curran speech

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/56355499.pdf

And what does the Saviour of the murdered have to say about exponentially more murdered unborn aborted babies than all the guns put together have taken? Where is his outcry to save their lives? I don't see the tools the murdering abortionists use on 1 single BILL to close the Abortion Loopholes and ban or serialize their use.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Joe Curran speech

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/56355499.pdf

And what does the Saviour of the murdered have to say about exponentially more murdered unborn aborted babies than all the guns put together have taken? Where is his outcry to save their lives? I don't see the tools the murdering abortionists use on 1 single BILL to close the Abortion Loopholes and ban or serialize their use.

Hypocrisy is their friend , i was last year talking calmly with a MDA lady and brought that up and she said that is a conversation for another day .:sad20:

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I just hope one day they push just a bit far and then Scotus slaps their pee pee's .

welder, I haven't come right out and said this yet, but I have read quite a few of your posts on various threads. I appreciate your input a lot and your efforts to forward our fight.

I also want to take things considerably farther and have what I think should happen, happen. I truly feel that each and every gun control legislator needs to face down true criminal elements/threats/attackers while being unarmed and without paid guards until police respond to a 911 call to come to their aid. Let them have the career criminals come to their country clubs, attend their MOM's Meetings and Red Hat societies for tea and cocktails, sleep with their daughters, or heck, pass through the Statehouse entrance and in the tunnels under Annapolis without the Police with trained dogs, metal detectors, security cameras etc. After all, the MGA are passing gun control, it will fix having to worry about crimes with guns. It's common sense. The gun problem will just go away now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom