• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-hopkins-police-20181206-story.html

ok, no not really, they want their own police force due to the "brazenness" of crime around the campus. But I can dream Big League that they come to their collective sense, cant I?

“It’s the brazenness of it,” he said, highlighting daytime crimes committed in front of witnesses.

brazen? In Baltimore? shocking! :sarcasm:

its already a shit show:

Daniels said the proposed legislation would enshrine the principles of the Baltimore Police Department’s federal consent decree, which requires that department to undertake civil rights reforms.

The Hopkins police force does not even exist, yet its already guilty of civil right violations.

Here is an idea: legalize the constitution. No civil rights violations by the police. Criminals will think thrice about brazen crimes when they face an armed population. Its a win-win-win.

As a side note, when I read stupid things like this it makes me embarrassed to be an alum. A hamstrung police force will do the same dick against crime the hamstrung Baltimore police are currently doing. All the Bloomberg money, they could literally buy the entire city and build a wall.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    They commit those crimes with their crappy security there, they will commit crimes with their crappy, board oversight, no deadly force policy led board members.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It should be adamantly and vocally opposed.

Why should the JHU be allowed to have its own private police force, when John and Jane Q. Public aren't even allowed to defend themselves?

No special privileges for JHU!

And, don't they know that FSA2013 is already protecting them every day? :rolleyes:

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Just how many of them will be sent to a local law enforcement academy??? I would say NONE! ALL they would be in reality is armed private security officers even if they are an SPO. Just because you are an SPO does not mean you are a trained law enforcement officer. Next thing you know they will want their own SWAT team as well.

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    Just how many of them will be sent to a local law enforcement academy??? I would say NONE! ALL they would be in reality is armed private security officers even if they are an SPO. Just because you are an SPO does not mean you are a trained law enforcement officer. Next thing you know they will want their own SWAT team as well.

If they are going to be sworn law enforcement officers, they would all need to attend a certified law enforcement academy. Maryland does allow for, I believe, new hires to be "on the job" for up to one year before attending and completing an accredited academy.

Typically, a small department like this, if in fact they get approval, would be made up of mostly guys that are retired from larger departments, and younger guys that are looking to get into the field.

Whoever said that the JHU PD will be ineffective because the board of regents, or whatever they call themselves, will hamstring them- 100%. It will get even worse when the campus PD uses force against one of the "Dude, my father is an attorney" students.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If Towson University, UMBC, UM, and other colleges can have departments why not JHU?

If it's not tax funded and they meet MPTC standards why not?

Boats

Beer, Bikes n Boomsticks
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Considering JHU has taken a vocal anti-2A stance (but seems to overlook the fact that medical errors kill 10x more people every year) the last thing they will do is allow CCW.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Oh no! Won’t someone pity the poor souls at JHU who’re victims of a situation they want the rest of us to be in? How can they continue their outspoken fight against our gun rights when there is no one with guns there to protect them?

Too bad, so sad. I hope they continue to enjoy the same plight they have placed the rest of MD’s law abiding citizens in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    With the amount of money Bloombutt donates to that university, nothing positive regarding firearms will ever happen, perhaps not even having armed security personnel. It doesn't fit his, JH's or Baltimore's "designated victim" philosophy.

chipd

May 20, 2017
    Hopkins is where all the junkies go to buy heroin and pills. That and Lexington market. As long as you live in communities that tolerate open air drug markets, no amount of security or guns can protect you. They should just move or fence the place in if they are serious.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Didn't they try this last year and the student body protested?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom