• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I built a hellish 68 Triumph chopper one time from a basket. Never should have sold it off. This old guy I worked for doing mechanical repair schooled me for shrinking new brass races into the cases and how to time them properly so you don't melt a piston. Paper thin domes and a little early or late and you could be done. Two cams/idlers with one crank gear. 136 revolution? to get all the marks lined up before you locked the flywheel with a stop behind the jugs but not before a piston stop in the head met TDC. You applied a factory made degree wheel to the crank and soon as your test light lit you locked the advance plate down. Second kick every time like clock work. Used to fab drop in baffles that could be tuned to lean/rich fuel mixture so you didnt have to re-jet with cold/ warm weather. Too lean always right on the edge for detonation for max vacuum/ volumetric efficiency.
    BSA/ Norton entirely different game job, very fine machinery. Split cases in a natty boh box no timing marks what so ever on the crank parts used to love that sh&%t need to rig another throttle cable vise grip apparatus and find some avon rubber. 35 years later I probably weigh more than a dry 650 Triumph glad I looked in here brings back memories.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    I've got a 2016 Triumph Bonneville Street Twin and I love everything about it. No problems at all and I ride it year round.

The crew at Chesapeake Cycles in Annapolis are pretty helpful if you wanted to stop in to see their showroom or even take a test ride. Their lineup of Indians are pretty friggin sweet as well.

I agree, Chesapeake Cycles did right by me when another Triumph dealer was basically pulling a bait and switch... won't name them, but anyway, Chesapeake sold me a 2016 Bonneville T100 for the same deal the other was supposed to. It is my first bike and no issues, love it.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm currently saving up for this. I hope to pick her up in a few months.

Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
      maxresdefault.jpg
      102.7 KB · Views: 261

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    In my humble opinion you could not find a nicer or more knowledgeable guy than Richard Riley, the owner or Fredericktown Triumph.

I second that.

Fredericktown are a great family business!

Years ago, I brought in the rear wheel from my Triumph Rocket III to them, with a new shoe. I left it with them and returned later back in the day.

It was years ago, but the tech was pretty exasperated and pissed off, he said don’t ever bring that wheel back here again.

To his thoughts, Rocket III wheels do not have a valley within their rims. They ARE an absolute bitch to demount.

As an aside, I also took my wheel to C&C Cycle off Telegraph road, that dude eff’ed up my wheel and I watched him do it, I saw the wheel spring off his tire machine as he was fighting the tire... :rolleyes:

I think I’ve met Richard there on a couple of times. Older fella. Very nice. No pressure and if I was in the market at the time, I would’ve bought a bike from him.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    I'm currently saving up for this. I hope to pick her up in a few months.

Triumph Bonneville Bobber Black

Well, the wife went from "I'm not going to ride with you, so you might as well get the bobber" to "I changed my mind, I think I want to ride with you once in a while".
    Ended up getting a Street Twin and I have to say, I love it so far.

Attachments

• triumph.jpg
      triumph.jpg
      107.7 KB · Views: 203

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    As long as she doesn't talk you into a sissy bar and saddle bags you'll be fine. Don't ask how I know.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    As long as she doesn't talk you into a sissy bar and saddle bags you'll be fine. Don't ask how I know.

I already told her no sissy bar! Saddle bags aren't needed as most of my rides will be 1-2 hours out at the most. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom