Montoya Hearing Deliberation Audio-Shocking!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    It might not be the "proper forum for him to make change," but in order to make that change we have to prove that the system is convoluted and corrupt. Listening to these people speak about the hoops they go through to seek "permission" for a natural, fundamental right, they shouldn't be allowed to have their "NRA Instructor" hats.

Disgusting.

vetogunban

Apr 30, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    B&S Personal Safety Logo.jpg

Interesting logo for B&S, from their website.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So now that this audio is out, maybe people will better understand that little riff with AGC over their associates on the board...

So it begs the question, since John Josselyn recommended at least one of these "esteemed" members, are his views in line with hers and if so how soon will the public apology email be sent, followed by his resignation?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Tim - thank you for shedding further sunlight on the process, and exposing just how little certain members on the Board understand their role. Obviously it's not pretty, but exposing the problem is an important step in getting it corrected. I do think improvements have occurred with Chairman Wilsons guidance over the last several months, but he has been begging for much needed support and he certainly isn't getting it. I will be at tonight's meeting and hope that after the administrative debacle last month we will see major improvement, and maybe even see the initial appearance of the elusive 5th member.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Because you know. They ask all the students first their reason. Don't want them to waste their time or money taking the class. LOL Heard it with my own ears.

How nice. Doesn't that make it sound like she is hinting that her students have a better chance of getting their permit? Wouldn't it seem that if she cites teaching the applicant the W&C course, and recuses herself, the other board members would be more inclined to side with the applicant since she "vetted" them and decided they had a G&S?

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    How nice. Doesn't that make it sound like she is hinting that her students have a better chance of getting their permit? Wouldn't it seem that if she cites teaching the applicant the W&C course, and recuses herself, the other board members would be more inclined to side with the applicant since she "vetted" them and decided they had a G&S?

Well, here's the thing that gets me. They probably put all this stock in her opinions simply because of the business. Like that is the qualifier of all things wear and carry permit. Out of 10 minutes of audio, 8 minutes was just her talking.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Well, here's the thing that gets me. They probably put all this stock in her opinions simply because of the business. Like that is the qualifier of all things wear and carry permit. Out of 10 minutes of audio, 8 minutes was just her talking.

LOL. She wasn't talking, she recused herself. LOL

Must have been static or something you heard.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    This recording is outrageous and should anger anyone who is a 2A supporter in Maryland. White clearly didn't recuse herself and Neverdon appears to have unlawfully participated in the deliberations as an unappointed board member. Other board members including the chairman didn't handle this well at all. The comments about you should just be happy with what you got were pretty despicable.

Hattie

Sep 18, 2012
    Though brief, this audio is of incredible value to future HPRB appellants. As others have observed, at least certain HPRB members still do not understand the Board's role, or its authority. In particular, there seems to be no comprehension that the statute never requires any permit to be restricted. The abusive misuse of vague and inconsistent restrictive language is something invented and pursued by MSP. The Board owes no deference to MSP, but still seems to take it as a given that essentially no one gets an unrestricted permit.

Perhaps the most damning statement made during the closed session was to the effect that, as to applicants on self defense grounds, "of course they're going to be denied."

Almost equally appalling was the bald statement that the former head of the MSP licensing division was "wrong" about permit approval rates, an assertion based on one then-member's personal experience in her own training business.

We can only hope that future applicants and their counsel will be explicit in reminding the Board that it is independent of MSP and should faithfully apply its independent judgment rather than feeling constrained by MSP's longstanding, willful and politically driven misapplication of the permit statute.

tom b

Oct 2, 2011
    Tim - What a ridiculous way for the board & the state of Md to conduct themselves. If you're taking this to the court system please let me know where to send my donation for legal & court fees. I am more than willing to help with the burden.

As for the 2 board members (1 former?) that work in the training business, hopefully the word gets around and they're boycotted by all.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    LOL. She wasn't talking, she recused herself. LOL

Must have been static or something you heard.

Could probably be ground for a De Novo Hearing, if you wish to stomach it. I was there, and she went right on the record recusing herself. That was way over the line injecting herself in deliberation, after the declaration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom