• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gmercury2000

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Gambrills
    I just looked at my new 23 gen4 and it does the same as the op described. I haven't fired mine yet but all seems to function properly. Will find out soon enough though.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****Looks normal. All of my Gen 4's with the bump on the trigger bar do this. I put the Gen 3 trigger bar in to several of my Gen 4's that does not have the bump and has the smooth trigger and the movement you describe went away. It also reduced the trigger pull weight about .5 pound.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Stuff like that happens all the time; it's just unconscious differences in technique. Before you've developed the exact muscle memory in performing an action like that, there will be some variability in how you do it.

Another example, from me, was with my new holster for my Beretta M9. I was practicing draws the other day and had a hell of a time getting the gun to come out of it, where it had had no problems doing so the previous time. After some more attempts, I finally figured out that my draw angle needed some work. Sure enough, I adjusted my draw angle a bit and the pistol came right out of the holster, no problems.

Yet another example: I've only field-stripped and reassembled my Glock about three or four times so far, and have yet to notice any issues with the slide going on or off smoothly. I'm sure it'll happen to me at some point, though, haha.

:o

Thanks everyone for your input. As Harabec suspected it was a newby mistake.... combination of holding slide in different spot and utter fear that I'll have to go through OweMalley's HQL process to ship it off for servicing/warranty work at Glock post 10/1. Nothing wrong with the gun, just me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom