• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ziptiespec

Found a couple of deals today for P80 folks.

OEM Glock 17 or 19 slide for $380 shipped:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gundeals/comments/807z2u/parts_glock_17_or_glock_19_complete_upper_for_380/

My least expensive slide, without sights (TruGlo, $70) was $385:
    Ebay SS slide - $170
    Brownells barrel - $135
    OEM slide completion kit - $80

Kydex holsters. The Standard Series IWB, Summit Series IWB ($42.99 with coupon code), and Summit Light Tuck are all offered in a model for the P80 PF940C.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gundeals/comments/80digs/accessories_custom_kydex_holsters_light_bearing/

I have no personal experience with these sellers so caveat emptor. I'm tempted to pick up a light-bearing holster though.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Anybody know of this place: https://uspatriotarmory.com/complete-80-glock-19-gen3-full-build-kit.html ?

Popped up in the mail just now, and if the parts they're using are any good this might be a really good deal. Stainless slide and barrel, Glock factory internals...

Followed up with them, they say they get their slides and barrels from the same manufacturer as Lone Wolf. So are a LW stainless slide and "match barrel" plus the rest worth $500 shipped?

I'm asking seriously, because I just dunno.

And now I'm at 1000 posts. Time to go dig something out for karma!!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    To me, this is a good (not amazing) deal IF you are not planning on doing any upgrades other than to the sights.

Kydex holsters. The Standard Series IWB, Summit Series IWB ($42.99 with coupon code), and Summit Light Tuck are all offered in a model for the P80 PF940C.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/gundeals/comments/80digs/accessories_custom_kydex_holsters_light_bearing/
    These look interesting. I might grab one for my Fauxland Special build.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    I have made a purchase from uspatriotarmy.com and had no problems. Item was my G17 slide parts kit and arrived as ordered a couple of days ago, with prompt shipping. It appears to be a Glock OEM parts kit.

I used a Swenson on my first G17 build with a Lonewolf barrel. No fitting was necessary and using Glock OEM internals made everything work perfectly. I did polish up a few parts to insure smooth function. The Lonewoif barrel also supports the entire case so if you reload, your fired brass will not have the Glock smile and may be loaded many times. Some say that they shoot more accurately than OEM barrel but I have no experience with which to compare. I will say that I am very happy with the accuracy of my first P80 build and that is why I did another. I intend to get my barrel and slide in the next couple of weeks to complete it.

My goal was to build two 9mm pistols that are 100% reliable for a SHTF scenario and should check that one off very soon and move to the next one.

I have heard it said that you should have at least two weapons for each type of ammunition that you stockpile. This seems to be based on sound logic so I am adopting it as a plan of action. After this G17 is done, an AR upper will allow me to check off another. Eventually this will mean I am going to need another SKS since I have so many rounds on stripper clips! Almost forgot about all of those 9 x 18 Makarov rounds... this is going to be fun! Now if I could hit that Nigerian lottery:)

leBjA

Mar 2, 2013
    P80 940v2 Retrun to battery issue

Anyone had return to battery issues?

I'm aware of the rear rail concern and have honed that.

I've also internet read/researched that it's due to a conflict of spring pressures between the RSA and firing pin.

Suggestions?

I've already checked the RSA channel and slide stop spring as well.

In a Recoil web article about compensators the battery issue is described as:

"If it doesn’t go fully into battery until the trigger is released we’ve got some additional problems to address:...Here’s what’s happening: When the trigger is pressed the striker spring is loaded. Your RSA now has to fight a compressed striker spring in order to fully get into battery. Release the trigger and the slide snaps into place. This situation is dangerous because it’s possible to have an Out of Battery discharge given the right conditions. And this situation is annoying because your gun won’t always run the way you want it to. So how do you fix this? You lighten your striker spring until this is no longer an issue.

On the plus side, a lighter striker spring (factory striker weight for a Glock is 5.5lbs) will give you a lighter trigger. The Texas Black Rifle Company recommends just stepping it down to 5lbs to begin. On the negative side, you may also experience light strikes–especially if you go too light and use so-called “hard primered” ammunition. And the solution to that is a lightened, extended (or both) striker… I think you can see where we’re headed here. If you have a lot of aftermarket parts such as trigger bars and connectors and plungers, you could be polishing this and lubing that, or…you could be chasing this path forever."

denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA
    First thing I would check is to make sure the recoil spring is not rubbing on the part you had to mill out. I had that issue at first and just had to open it up a little more.

danimalw

Ultimate Member
    I don't think so. The front of the frame on the poly80's is different from a standard glock. Poly80 has a list of companies on their website that are making holsters that fit their frames.

While the front of frame is wider than the slide preventing fitment in some holsters, its nothing a file can't fix. Fits in fobus holster with no issues now.. from what heard on the street.

And 1k rounds of 124gr, fmj, hp and only a few stovepipes, all from limp wristing.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    gen2? aren't those historic and can only be fired on the weekend?

I have gen3 only. I only saw gen3 slides, but didn't look for anyhting else.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No more than 1200 rounds a year. Can't be shot more than 5 days in a week.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I have a gen3 19 as well but i occasionally carry that so I’d like to use the gen 2 19. I guess I’ll find out.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    OEM parts kits hard to find for these right now unless you spend $40 more at Glockstore. Have lower and slide but no parts. Midway saying end of April.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    OEM parts kits hard to find for these right now unless you spend $40 more at Glockstore. Have lower and slide but no parts. Midway saying end of April.

Checked Lone Wolf?

Between them and Numrich, they seemed to have just about everything that a lot of other vendors were OOS on. Including the channel liner.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    LW out of stock on kits, I probably could piece one together but it's probably going to run the price up. Didn't see kits on Numrich just single parts but hard to check from phone. I'll look later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom