• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Lots of love for Hi Point carbines here, so help a guy out .

Just aquired a very slightly used, as in looks to have only fired a few rounds if any, 995 to be gift for daughter. ( While nearly new, did not come with owner manual.)

As is my custom, I asked the LGS guy " show me how to take it apart. But alas the very helpful and friendly Dan of BBP had not taken one apart himself.

Meanwhile at some time but be revealed between later this morning and a cpl of days I need to appear omniscient to Daughter, and Reasonably Knowledgeable to Bro in Law .

I looked on the 'net, and had an "oh-oh" moment. The seems to be one of those guns with long list of tools, and complicated disassembly to detail strip, and no lesser options. Indirect quote of instructions says wipe bore 300-5000rds, and disassemble 2000rds. Ok , one of "those .

So whsy needs lubrication ? Is more better like an AR ? Or is moderation required ?

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    It's not hard to disassemble. It should have come with a tool and that is all you need to complete break down. Once you do it once you'll be an expert. I'll have to admit it is an interesting design. There should be plenty of You Tube videos to assist.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    Its not too hard. If you dont have the tool that ships with it you can make do with standard hand tools until you get one (or two).

Manual can be downloaded free at HighPoint website. The video noted by S&W19 is good.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No tool, no manual.

Haven't watched any of the videos yet, but if it takes 17 minutes to dissassemble, it's probably closer to a Marlin M60 ot KelTec , than a revolver ot 1911 or SIG or Glock.

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Lots of love for Hi Point carbines here, so help a guy out .

Just aquired a very slightly used, as in looks to have only fired a few rounds if any, 995 to be gift for daughter. ( While nearly new, did not come with owner manual.)

As is my custom, I asked the LGS guy " show me how to take it apart. But alas the very helpful and friendly Dan of BBP had not taken one apart himself.

Meanwhile at some time but be revealed between later this morning and a cpl of days I need to appear omniscient to Daughter, and Reasonably Knowledgeable to Bro in Law .

I looked on the 'net, and had an "oh-oh" moment. The seems to be one of those guns with long list of tools, and complicated disassembly to detail strip, and no lesser options. Indirect quote of instructions says wipe bore 300-5000rds, and disassemble 2000rds. Ok , one of "those .

So whsy needs lubrication ? Is more better like an AR ? Or is moderation required ?

I've never cleaned or lubricated mines and it just keeps on running. But hi point firearms forum has a lot of guy's that'll help you with any questions.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As I do frequently when entering into new world's , I located the above as seemingly active Forum on the topic . But had registration issues. The Are you a robot ? Program had me on endless loop of clicking on pictures, with no end. Email sent, waiting resolution.

There are many firearms designs that can go long time without detail striping for cleaning. But everything goes better for longer with sufficient lube.

mdflyer

Nov 19, 2015
    I have one it shot great, easy to take down with a small wrench, but its been sitting in my safe taking up space since I've bought more expensive guns.

Hi point as a company is wonderful to deal with. there was a mag bottom plate issue years ago, the plate would just crack and fall apart. one call to the company and they shipped me parts to fix the broken one and an extra for my trouble. two years ago i called them up about modifying the stock, they said whats your serial number.... next thing well I will just send you a newer updated one.... like I said wonderful company to deal with. Wish all companies were that good !!!!!

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    I have one it shot great, easy to take down with a small wrench, but its been sitting in my safe taking up space since I've bought more expensive guns.

Hi point as a company is wonderful to deal with. there was a mag bottom plate issue years ago, the plate would just crack and fall apart. one call to the company and they shipped me parts to fix the broken one and an extra for my trouble. two years ago i called them up about modifying the stock, they said whats your serial number.... next thing well I will just send you a newer updated one.... like I said wonderful company to deal with. Wish all companies were that good !!!!!

Do you want to sell it? Or you just plan on keeping it around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom