• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    My son (former USMC) is hosting this charity shoot for service dogs for vets with PTSD. If go to the link for the group you see the dogs have a huge effect on the men and women. Plus they are raffling off a Sig Target 100% donated by Sig.

I wanted to pass on an invite to a shoot we're doing at the end of the month. It would be great to meet a few more members.

We run a small Veteran's Charity on the side, and our big fundraiser for the year will be a pistol shoot on October 25th at Silver Eagle in Ashburn, VA to benefit the training, placing, and caring for Service Dogs for Vets with PTSD and TBI. Our goal is raise enough to cover 2 Service Dogs.

To summarize the event, we've taken all the concepts of a charitable golf tournament, and applied them to a shooting event. We're running 2 ranges, one with Defense Pistol Drills, and one with a Steel Course. $100 gets you range time, ammo for both courses, t-shirt, food, drink, and swag.

Lots of local sponsors have stepped up and donated food, drink, and "stuff". We'll have prizes, raffles, and silent auctions. Sig came through big time for us and donated a Sig 1911 Super Target for our online raffle grand prize:

https://rafflecreator.com/pages/12325/shooting-for-service-dogs-raffle

More info about us, ticketing, and the event can be found below. We're a legit 501(c)(3), running and ALL-volunteer staff. Thanks!

http://silvereaglegroup.com/event/shooting-service-dogs-charity-event/

http://kyruscharities.org/vets/

Last edited:

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Weekend bump for a good cause. The Raffle count is just over hundred making it great odds for a Sig 1911 Target a super gun. The range will ship to your FFL for pick up. This could be a very cheap addition to your collection. Chris

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    AAR-Raffle raised over $3000.00, winner was from down in VA. All the shooting slots were full and fun was had by all. Silent Auctions did well and all said and done just over $42,000.00 was raised for the training of the dogs for the Vets that really need them. I will have say Great Job to my son Sean who was the ramrod for this event. I may see if we can do one here in Maryland most likely at Balto. Co. Game & Fish at a later date-I bounce it off the board next meeting. Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom