Time to think outside of the box...and take the gloves off...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • It's a shame that people who are sent to Annapolis to represent the people and protect their RIGHTS refuse to even consider all points of view. Instead they tow the party line and shove their party's agenda down our throats.
    It has been nearly 30 years since the first shot was fired in the form of the Saturday night special law that brought about the handgun roster. Since then there have been anti 2A bills introduced in nearly every session. Pro gun groups have organized their supporters to contact their reps, protest in Annapolis and speak out at public hearings every year with little to no change...In fact we have lost way more than we have won...It's time for a different strategy.

At the request of someone here on the forums, I have contacted friends and acquaintances that are 2A supporters, FFLs, firearms safety trainers, gun smiths and shooting club members for input on "outside the box" ideas for getting our message heard...not only by the GA but more importantly by citizens of the state. Some of these ideas may be outside the comfort zone of some of you. Please keep responses civil, and if you have comments on how to make them better or have other ideas no matter how crazy they seem, please share. The only caveat is they must be legal..Civility is not a requirement. It's time to take off the gloves...

1) As an effort to shame the liberals in the GA, Public Service Announcement type videos should be produced explaining how the liberals in Annapolis would rather see law abiding citizens dead rather than giving them "permission" to carry the tools to defend themselves. These videos would then be hosted on the web. Names should be used like Frosh, Miller, Busch, Raskin, Van Hollen ETC.

2) Find pro 2A land owners along major highways that would be willing to host signage with the URL of the webpage along with a message on how these liberals want to see Marylanders dead.

3) Find a suitable pro 2A candidate to challenge Frosh in 2018 for AG.

4) Ask HQL/CCW trainers to voluntarily require voter registration cards when signing up for classes. Democrats are refused service. Same goes for gun sales and service. Same with gun shows, no democrats allowed, voter card required for entry. The idea isn't to deny anyone buying a firearm, but to inconvenience them and force them to change party affiliation, even if it''s just temporary, just like getting an HQL and long waits for CC permits from the state is an inconvenience for us...

5) Protest outside the homes of the more nefarious anti gun libs several times during session...weekends would be perfect and the turnout might be better. And protest in front of their places of employment during the week several times a year..

6) Ask the gun clubs in Md to increase their yearly dues by $5 a member and donate that money to MSI for the HQL suit, Ask trainers to increase their training fees for HQL classes by $2 and ask private ranges open to the public to increase their fees by $2.00 per shooter and do the same with that $$.

This is a start. I requested information from almost 40 individuals. They in turn are asking 2A supporters in their circles of friends. I'm sure there is more ideas to come, and if you have any, please post them.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    4) Ask HQL/CCW trainers to voluntarily require voter registration cards when signing up for classes. Democrats are refused service. Same goes for gun sales and service. Same with gun shows, no democrats allowed, voter card required for entry. The idea isn't to deny anyone buying a firearm, but to inconvenience them and force them to change party affiliation, even if it''s just temporary, just like getting an HQL and long waits for CC permits from the state is an inconvenience for us...
    This is a terrible idea. Some of us live in one-party districts, and the only chance we have to positively influence outcomes is at the primary level. Punishing those of us who are playing a smart game by registering as Democrats is counter-productive and alienating.

Gun ownership in MD shouldn't be a partisan issue, and it's only playing into the hands of our opponents when people make it so.

This is a terrible idea. Some of us live in one-party districts, and the only chance we have to positively influence outcomes is at the primary level. Punishing those of us who are playing a smart game by registering as Democrats is counter-productive and alienating.

Gun ownership in MD shouldn't be a partisan issue, and it's only playing into the hands of our opponents when people make it so.

You do realize that if you register as a democrat and are not one you are playing right into their hands....Election districts are suppose to be assigned by the number of dem/rep voters living in the district...if you vote Republican but are registered as a dem you count as a dem when the districts are formed... thereby ensuring that your GA delegates will be democrats...Trying to sway the election by voting for weak candidates will not work in a state where up to 70% of the population claim to be dems...there will never be enough DINOS in any one district to make that happen.

The idea isn't to keep dems from owning guns...it's to inconvenience them and to make them think about why they vote DEM in the first place..The democrat party no longer represents many in the state who still vote for a party that no longer exists..

Plus this is not mandatory...No one can force someone to do it...if an FFL or trainer wants to sell a firearm or give training to someone who will vote to take away their 2A rights that's their business...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have no idea how you think districting works, or should work, but it sure as hell isn't supposed to be by slicing things up into "D" districts and "R" districts. That's the definition of gerrymandering.

The idea isn't to keep dems from owning guns...it's to inconvenience them and to make them think about why they vote DEM in the first place..The democrat party no longer represents many in the state who still vote for a party that no longer exists..
    You first posit that DINOs don't exist in large enough numbers to matter, and then think you're going to influence elections because people who hate guns won't be able to buy them?

Plus this is not mandatory...No one can force someone to do it...if an FFL or trainer wants to sell a firearm or give training to someone who will vote to take away their 2A rights that's their business...
    Yeah, don't expect a thank you for suggesting that people boycott me for trying to preserve their 2A rights in the most effective way available to me.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

It also violates state and federal law. You cannot force someone to register as a specific party. And you cannot, currently at least, require voter registration.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County

the real travesty is that the 2A is even a political issue to begin with. what we need is to remove the idea that "gun control" is something that democrats can say that will improve their chances of voting. the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT thing we can do is get as many liberals to get into shooting sports as we possibly can. and not just "hunting" not just going to trap range. 3gun, idpa, etc. once you get more of the voters to understand that not only are guns not scary (its the people using them that can make it scary) but there are a lot of useful situations, and that the idea that the government is gonna tell me I can't do this is stupid.

we need to fight to remove gun control from the strategy of one of the parties in this country. MD will be one of the last bastions of it. in 80% of the country it clearly isn't working.

I would also work on influencing the youth. the milenials that are very left leaning on social issues, but those left leaning opinions are based on a want for being able to do what they want, and not being told they can't. gay marriage? check, government telling them no. legal week, check, government telling them no. fbi and CIa with backdoor access to the info on their iphone? **** no, get a warrant. the next thing in line is carrying a handgun on the regular, and the government wants to tell you no...

if anything instructors would be offering free shooting classes for democrats who have never touched a gun, let alone probably never seen one not on the hip of a police officer.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    the real travesty is that the 2A is even a political issue to begin with. what we need is to remove the idea that "gun control" is something that democrats can say that will improve their chances of voting. the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT thing we can do is get as many liberals to get into shooting sports as we possibly can. and not just "hunting" not just going to trap range. 3gun, idpa, etc. once you get more of the voters to understand that not only are guns not scary (its the people using them that can make it scary) but there are a lot of useful situations, and that the idea that the government is gonna tell me I can't do this is stupid.

we need to fight to remove gun control from the strategy of one of the parties in this country. MD will be one of the last bastions of it. in 80% of the country it clearly isn't working.

I would also work on influencing the youth. the milenials that are very left leaning on social issues, but those left leaning opinions are based on a want for being able to do what they want, and not being told they can't. gay marriage? check, government telling them no. legal week, check, government telling them no. fbi and CIa with backdoor access to the info on their iphone? **** no, get a warrant. the next thing in line is carrying a handgun on the regular, and the government wants to tell you no...

if anything instructors would be offering free shooting classes for democrats who have never touched a gun, let alone probably never seen one not on the hip of a police officer.

Sounds great in theory but you can't beat the MSM. The majority of the country is behind Trump but the media has the unwashed masses believing he is the anti-Christ. You can't beat city hall and sure can't beat them when they have an enormous propaganda arm in the MSM. 1% of the people (The MSM) control 96% of the population. I don't think the 3% that can think for themselves can beat the MSM.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I have no idea how you think districting works, or should work, but it sure as hell isn't supposed to be by slicing things up into "D" districts and "R" districts. That's the definition of gerrymandering.

However that is EXACTLY how it works in MD. Exhibit A. District 31A.

Gun ownership is already a partisan issue...relatively few democrats in this state support gun ownership....they may tell you they do, but if they vote for democrats then their actions make them liars....whereas most Republicans support your 2A rights and vote for 2A friendly candidates..we need more Republicans in the GA no dems, even if the dem claims to be 2A friendly..

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Gun ownership is already a partisan issue...relatively few democrats in this state support gun ownership....they may tell you they do, but if they vote for democrats then their actions make them liars....whereas most Republicans support your 2A rights and vote for 2A friendly candidates..we need more Republicans in the GA no dems, even if the dem claims to be 2A friendly..

^This.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    For once I agree with Muleskinner.

Instead of #4 which may be illegal HQL class should be full of pro 2a propaganda and explain clearly how the democrat party works against the people.

#6 is great, all shops should charge a 2A rights tax for every purchase. It can be small and will add up just like midway round-up.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Let's remember that these are just ideas. If you don't like one or all of them fine. Post your idea. I agree that we need new and fresh approaches for dealing with this libtards. They constantly evolve their messages. Global warming gave way to "climate change". It's time for us to take a page from their book. We dislike the term "gun violence" that they love to invoke, yet we cry for "gun rights". It's time to fight for our "civil rights".

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    It's time to take off the gloves...

3) Find a suitable pro 2A candidate to challenge Frosh in 2018 for AG.

I believe frosh will be running against Hogan for a position other than AG.

The gloves should have been off years ago.

The #1 thing we need is SEATS in the MGA.

I spoke to a Delegate yesterday who said that is the first and foremost thing we need. We need people in their Districts to run against the incumbent Democrat.

2018 has to be a takeover year at the polls, and we need to start NOW to make that happen.

Among many other things I can't think of right at the moment, the Patriot Picket Line folks will need to be multiplied and mobile, so we can hit hard in vulnerable Districts.

We are not many seats away in either the House or the Senate. I think this is "doable" and is quite frankly our only hope.

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    You do realize that if you register as a democrat and are not one you are playing right into their hands....Election districts are suppose to be assigned by the number of dem/rep voters living in the district...if you vote Republican but are registered as a dem you count as a dem when the districts are formed... thereby ensuring that your GA delegates will be democrats...Trying to sway the election by voting for weak candidates will not work in a state where up to 70% of the population claim to be dems...there will never be enough DINOS in any one district to make that happen.

In reality, the districts are assigned based on the number of voters. Using voter registrations, the party in charge always seeks to minimize the strength of the opposition by chopping their strongholds up or burying them in larger groups of their own.

Think about it, if everyone was registered in the same party, how would they know where to draw the district lines?

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Here's what I posted back on 2/3/16 that fits in with this thread....

Couple things.......

Most of us in the firearms community (especially here at MDS), are either older w/ health issues restricting what we can do, or working full time plus, so what we can do activist wise is limited to letter writing & contributing money.

Our cause needs money. We don't enjoy the politically correctness of gays, wars on women, etc., so there's no sugar daddy like Soros or Blumturd behind us.

Ipso facto, we need a new organization to put forward the civil rights message (self defense as a civil right). A new name not immediately associated with firearms. A new message incorporating all the minorities of women, gays, blacks, Latinos, Asians, etc., & their lack of self defense abilities, especially in urban areas. Frame it as discrimination, which is what it essentially is. Get the female Outdoor Channel celebrities as well as Colin Noir together. Find gay gun owners. I'm not saying we should use minorities as simply an excuse to get the message out, but to seriously welcome them to our cause.

Again, money is what drives the message. Be it big time fund drives, begging to rich gun owning celebrities like Nugent, Craig Morgan, Selleck, etc., or whatever. Learn from how other groups have succeeded in putting their unpopular issues up front. Buy ad time, put up billboards. Put bumper stickers on all our vehicles. Wear the t shirts with our messages on them. Also, find & support 2nd amendment politicians.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I believe frosh will be running against Hogan for a position other than AG.

The gloves should have been off years ago.

The #1 thing we need is SEATS in the MGA.

I spoke to a Delegate yesterday who said that is the first and foremost thing we need. We need people in their Districts to run against the incumbent Democrat.

2018 has to be a takeover year at the polls, and we need to start NOW to make that happen.

Among many other things I can't think of right at the moment, the Patriot Picket Line folks will need to be multiplied and mobile, so we can hit hard in vulnerable Districts.

We are not many seats away in either the House or the Senate. I think this is "doable" and is quite frankly our only hope.

They actually need to become small groups that cover one or two specific districts with signs already made up and ready to go at a moments notice. And where ever the politician is, the signs should follow.

In addition, we need to start working on 2018 today, not wait until 2018.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Let's remember that these are just ideas. If you don't like one or all of them fine. Post your idea. I agree that we need new and fresh approaches for dealing with this libtards. They constantly evolve their messages. Global warming gave way to "climate change". It's time for us to take a page from their book. We dislike the term "gun violence" that they love to invoke, yet we cry for "gun rights". It's time to fight for our "civil rights".

It's time for us to open the whole book from Sal Alinksy and use it to our advantage.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    We can't get gun owners who live within walking distance of Annapolis to show up in Annapolis.

The Left knows this. The Left sees this. And, because of this, the Left will continue to stick it in and snap it off.

***KUDOS*** to the VERY FEW who do take the time to turn out to support the cause.

The world hates an IGM...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom