• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    30k. Sucks to be in the handguns business. The HQL is working as intended.

***I'm pretty sure more than one gunshop has gone out of business as a result of the HQL requirement and not being able to adapt their business and/or clientele to meet the new normal.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    As it turns out my estimate to current date was on the low side as per Nate's more recent updated tally, about 30.000, a li'l bit better than I thought but a LOOOOONG ways to go.

Onua

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2008
    Carroll County
    My question is with an estimated 30k HQL, how many of those commited any of the over 150 shootings this year? Since OCT 2013 was supposed to be for gun safety wasn't it?

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The HQL numbers are sequential. I received mine on 12/30/2013 and mine is close to 4500. Now you just need to find someone in Dec of 2014 to find out where that number ended and add the two.

Mine was in Dec of last year and was over 14,000.

Sub Vet

Liberty Hound
    Jun 26, 2015
    My question is with an estimated 30k HQL, how many of those commited any of the over 150 shootings this year? Since OCT 2013 was supposed to be for gun safety wasn't it?

:lol:

I guess that means the process is working...right... :rolleyes:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

150 shootings where??? If you're referring to Bloodymore, it's well above 300 shootings this year so far.

Sub Vet

Liberty Hound
    Jun 26, 2015
    SO....?

about 30k issued so far
    21 months since it started
    that makes about 1400 per month
    and I think we can call it around 70 per day (mon-fri)

and the process involves:
    1) verify payment
    2) pull fingerprints and a photo from databases
    3) verify training
    4) run the remaining 7 checks
    5) take a break for "training" and "meetings" and "lunch"
    6) repeat 69 more times

maybe that is why the HQL's take "so long"

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics/reports/nics_firearm_checks_-_month_year_by_state_type.pdf

Notice that before 9/2013 Maryland was running between 0-175 NICS checks for the purpose of "permit"...with an eyeball'd average below 50....plenty of months before 9/2013 where MD logged 0. I'm guessing the pre 9/2013 permit numbers came from security guards for concealed carry permits. Now they are running at an average rate of 1500 per month (again eyelball'd). Notice how right after HQL went into effect the numbers run from 2300-3000+ per month for a few months from 11/2013 into 2014. Someone with Excel could figure out the estimated number of HQLs with more precision using the NICS data.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    and o'malley only raised $2million nationwide to run for president

Originally Posted by Uncle Duke
    So given $150 a pop plus or minus, that's roughly 4.4 million expended to exercise a right.

Here's another statistic that's crossed my mind:

IF the 4.4 million dollars expended on HQL's is at least bar napkin accurate? And IF my memory serves, there's been $13,000 raised of $100,000 needed for the pending HQL lawsuit to proceed?

Then according to my math, 3/10 of 1 percent of the $4.4 million spent on HQL's to date is what we have collectively set aside to fight this law in court.

Now how is that hypothetical thought to be interpreted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom