• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phinfanfrommd

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I have been trying to find a range to practice at, and the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore facilities seem to have my attention. They took the lead because I see they allow for you to be certified to shoot steel and practice from your holster.

Are there any ranges in Maryland that allow for both of these and can compare regarding the facility? Is there any that have ranges longer than 200?

I could use some help and thanks in advance.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Im going shooting tomorrow. You can be a guest at my range but it's difficult to get in. Like year and a half wait and even me pulling all my strings took me 2 months.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I have been trying to find a range to practice at, and the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore facilities seem to have my attention. They took the lead because I see they allow for you to be certified to shoot steel and practice from your holster.

Are there any ranges in Maryland that allow for both of these and can compare regarding the facility? Is there any that have ranges longer than 200?

I could use some help and thanks in advance.

Monocacy Pistol club has a great steel and pins range and allows holsters too. I'm not sure how long the waiting list to join is right now, but i think its short

phinfanfrommd

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Im going shooting tomorrow. You can be a guest at my range, but it's difficult to get in. Like year and a half wait and even me pulling all my strings took me 2 months.

Dang! I am headed to Assateague Island tomorrow at the crack of dawn in hopes of landing some end of season stripers. Do you mind telling me what range you're a member? I am interested in learning more. It must be good if there is that long of a wait.

phinfanfrommd

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Monocacy Pistol club has a great steel and pins range and allows holsters too. I'm not sure how long the waiting list to join is right now, but i think its short

I will have to check that out. I live right here in New Market, so this is super close. Ideally, the range also has at least a 200-yard range, but I wouldn't be opposed since it is so close and seems perfect for pistol practice.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Dang! I am headed to Assateague Island tomorrow at the crack of dawn in hopes of landing some end of season stripers. Do you mind telling me what range you're a member? I am interested in learning more. It must be good if there is that long of a wait.

Mayberry. 600 yard rifle range :)

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I will have to check that out. I live right here in New Market, so this is super close. Ideally, the range also has at least a 200-yard range, but I wouldn't be opposed since it is so close and seems perfect for pistol practice.

Sounds like we are neighbors, i'm in New Martket too

No 200 yard range there. Its just a pistol club, but allows .22 rifles and shotguns with bird shot

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Mayberry. 600 yard rifle range :)

Is this located in Westminster? A Google of Mayberry Gun Range shows a sporting clays range in Westminster, which would be awesome. If it has a 600 yard rifle range, that would be awesomer. Any chance there is a website I can check out? I'd be alright with a 18 to 24 month waiting list for the right place that isn't over an hour away.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Is this located in Westminster? A Google of Mayberry Gun Range shows a sporting clays range in Westminster, which would be awesome. If it has a 600 yard rifle range, that would be awesomer. Any chance there is a website I can check out? I'd be alright with a 18 to 24 month waiting list for the right place that isn't over an hour away.

Its midway between Taneytown and Westminster. This place is super old school. Hit me up one weekend when you're free and I'll give you a walkabout the club. Has sporting clays and a woods walk through course. Has a dedicated pistol range and rifle berms at the 50 and 100-600 yard range.

The only major downside for me is I have to drive past it every day to go to work.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Its midway between Taneytown and Westminster. This place is super old school. Hit me up one weekend when you're free and I'll give you a walkabout the club. Has sporting clays and a woods walk through course. Has a dedicated pistol range and rifle berms at the 50 and 100-600 yard range.

The only major downside for me is I have to drive past it every day to go to work.

Yeah, that is a terrible downside. Googling around to try to find the range now has me googling land for sale in Carroll County.

Have you shot sporting clays there yet? As far as "old school" is concerned, I prefer that to some of this "new school" stuff.

I'll probably take you up on the offer once the kids are done with sports/school. Probably late June, early July. I have to find some place to shoot and to teach the kids how to shoot.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    Mayberry has a crappy website but the club is very nice -- they will have a sporting clays course open next Sunday--first Sunday in June--come check it out. I shoot there generally once a month.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    I'll see if I can make it. I know my wife has next Sunday off, so it might actually work out unless I get screwed by work or some unforeseen emergency.

Another possibility for you would be Littlestown F&G--very laid back--offers shotgun sports archery and a pond for the kids---also it is open to membership---not sure that Mayberry has any openings currenly. Come up to Mayberry Sunday-we will shoot some clays--they do a 5-stand too.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    I live around New Market also. You could also check out the Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman's Club (TCSC). They have an approval process that takes a couple months and requires you to pass a safety test, but it's a very nice range and club. 300 yard rifle range, and I believe they allow you to shoot steel targets on the pistol range with "lead only" bullets.

It's probably only a 20 minute drive from the 4-way intersection of 75 and 144 by the McDonalds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom