• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    16 yr old girl and mother shot in home in Ellicott City this morning. Shooter kills himself.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.balt...omicide-20170101-story,amp.html?client=safari

My wife just told me about this. She's pretty upset. The mother is active in Girl Scouts and was a summer camp leader with her at camp Ilchester and she knew this young girl as she attended camp as well.

From what has been reported it sounds to me like a possible murder suicide.

Our prayers will go our to their family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    An unknown male suspect, between the ages of 16 and 20, was found inside the girl's room with a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, police said.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I can't say more, because of my job, but his wounds were not self inflicted. He was 18 and flown to Shock Trauma, intubated and in critical condition.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. I taught Charlotte. She was a beautiful person. This is heartbreaking.

Mr H

Banana'd

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I'm interested why Howard Co PD hasn't ID'd him since he isn't a minor. Unless maybe it's the whole "pending notification of next of kin" thing.

Hmmm. Charlotte was one of my PE helpers that helped set up stuff in the mornings and helped run special events like field day and jump rope for heart. I used to make fun of her for wearing those odd 5 finger shoes. She was a very sweet girl and didn't have a mean bone in her body.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I was a teenager a long time ago (living in Ellicott City) and I just don't remember stuff like this happening then. I don't remember kids being that nuts or angry. Maybe I was in la la land but we always seemed to busy trying to have fun.

cms1528

Feb 26, 2013
    I can't say more, because of my job, but his wounds were not self inflicted. He was 18 and flown to Shock Trauma, intubated and in critical condition.

HCPD news link say boy is 15, self inflicted gunshot to head, mother came in room when she heard a scuffle. Boy shot her then girl and then himself. Boy is in critical condition at shock trauma.

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Terrible tragedy to start the new year. The girl (and I'm assuming boy too) was a student at my daughters school. Thankfully for my daughter she didn't know her. I had a knot in my stomach when I asked her if she knew the girl. I'd hate to be a family that did know her and have to deal with this. So sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom