• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I have purchased ammo from them with no issues. As a cautionary note, they send a ton of email once they have your email address so be prepared to clean your inbox regularly.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I have bought several firearms from them. Every single one went without a hitch. Shipping on firearms is always fast and free. Their prices are hard to beat. They get in good trades as well. I think Alphabrew buys from them as well IIRC.

Several orders have arrived at the FFL the next day even though it was sent 2 day. They don't mess around when it comes to getting an order out the same day.

I get 1 or 2 emails a week from them. Not bad compared to Midway who sends me 4-6 per day. :mad54:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I have purchased ammo from them with no issues. As a cautionary note, they send a ton of email once they have your email address so be prepared to clean your inbox regularly.

Agreed.

But I have successfully gotten off their mailing list for excessive junk mail.

They carry a fair amount of surplus and oddly interesting items, very shooter friendly too.

Last edited:

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I have bought two handguns from them, both shipped fast and without a hitch. Both were the best prices available at the time. Would not hesitate to buy from again.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Same goes for midway, psa, grabagun, classic, SOG, Brownell, etc. Not terribly hard to unsubscribe though.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Hows does it work with shipping to a place and setting up for pick up?

Stop by the shop that you would like to transfer to. Ask them for their transfer policies and fees. Many times websites have outdated info on this stuff and an in person conversation will ensure an easier process.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Stop by the shop that you would like to transfer to. Ask them for their transfer policies and fees. Many times websites have outdated info on this stuff and an in person conversation will ensure an easier process.

This 100%.

And don't be surprised if your local gun shop isn't thrilled to do the transfer, because if they could get the gun and sell it to you, even if at a slight markup, to me that's better to support your local shop. Lest they go out of business, and then you have no local shop to have hard to find guns shipped to or place to go to have serviced, ask questions or help newer gun owners.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    This 100%.

And don't be surprised if your local gun shop isn't thrilled to do the transfer, because if they could get the gun and sell it to you, even if at a slight markup, to me that's better to support your local shop. Lest they go out of business, and then you have no local shop to have hard to find guns shipped to or place to go to have serviced, ask questions or help newer gun owners.

I can't speak on behalf of any IPs, but I know some of them have this policy. My LGS down here is all too willing to transfer anything for $20 and thank me for my business every time.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I can't speak on behalf of any IPs, but I know some of them have this policy. My LGS down here is all too willing to transfer anything for $20 and thank me for my business every time.

Agreed.

I've generally found that newer or smaller FFL's charge a bit less and are more eager to do transfers. Probably in the hope of building a loyal constituency for better profits/service in the future. Its normal, and over time they have to balance costs with profits (basic supply/demand).

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If it is something they can order, I use the LGS. Even if I pay a bit more (and normally it is the same or less adding in shipping and transfer fee).

But when it is something they cannot order, they are happy to do the transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom