• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 14, 2013
    Millersville, MD
    Is there any Pink Pistols out there (gay or straight) that are interested in having a chapter. Found some support, and would love someone that would like to be a founder. I am helping some LGBTQ figure out folks to get services that will treat them with dignity. They are folks that didn't know there was such a thing as 2A people that are okay with LGBTQ and didn't know about Pink Pistols, and a place for the larger community would be great.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    welcome to the 2A community. i think you will find many here completely accepting of anyone and everyone who is interested in all things considered within the shooting populace. that said, however, as with all walks of life, some here may be reluctant or less than interested in getting involved with those that they do not understand either through ignorance or fear of the "unknown", in that they could be labeled or lumped in with a segment of society that some still consider "out of the ordinary" or queer [not meant in derogatory form]. as per your question in starting a chapter, i personally think that would take someone who lives the lifestyle and is more connected to the gay community as a whole. i have assisted both male and female who live an "alternate" lifestyle with great results, yet because of apparent isolation from their view, choose not to get involved outright in the 2A community because of the possible backlash from those who don't understand said lifestyle. make sense?

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I think you'll find many here who will "support" forming a chapter, but those willing to be involved (for whatever reason) will be much less.

Also bear in mind that this community--for all its fantastic members and great resources--is like any assembly of individuals, and some will run with scissors just to make a point.

I think we, the 2A community in MD as a whole (which is far larger than MDS), would certainly benefit from reasoned involvement by ANY like-minded group.

Good luck in garnering involvement... it can't hurt to try.

Jan 14, 2013
    Millersville, MD
    This is great guys. I might start a Social group on here for LGBTQ and see who shows up. I am feeling pretty confident that I haven't been trolled by anyone, and everyone I have talked to either didn't call me back or is supper helpful, more of the latter.

I totally get what you mean about running with scissors. I put feelers out with MSI and Pink Pistol Forum. I would like to find some folks that are already in both LGBTQ and 2A community. I can understand some reluctance at this point too.

Susan

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    I consider myself an ally and used to be a member of LGBTQ alliance groups although my activist days are behind me. Would be delighted to assist and be involved. I am also scheduled to be certified as a NRA Pistol Instructor in the near future and would be glad to help with training as well.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Is there any Pink Pistols out there (gay or straight) that are interested in having a chapter. Found some support, and would love someone that would like to be a founder. I am helping some LGBTQ figure out folks to get services that will treat them with dignity. They are folks that didn't know there was such a thing as 2A people that are okay with LGBTQ and didn't know about Pink Pistols, and a place for the larger community would be great.

It would be great if you or others could form a chapter locally. Before some of the Patriot Pickets myself and Dogbone tried reaching out to the PP to see if they would join us with zero results. I understand that they would be guarded and if there was a local chapter who also had members here on MDS that would be terrific.

At the West Potomac Park event we did run in to a photo journalist who we first met at the NRA Code Pink protest who told us that she was a member of a VA chapter of PP. I have her card on my desk somewhere.

I would be glad to assist in any way possible, feel free to reach out.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Happy to help in Frederick area with new shooters that I can host in outdoor ranges here. Have LGB family, friends, and colleagues, but none that own firearms. The only ones that have expressed interest live far away, lol, so no foreseeable range trips.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Happy to help in Frederick area with new shooters that I can host in outdoor ranges here. Have LGB family, friends, and colleagues, but none that own firearms. The only ones that have expressed interest live far away, lol, so no foreseeable range trips.

Would those be about .... 10% of your friends? ;)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Would those be about .... 10% of your friends? ;)
    I really don't trust the polls these days, lol, but possibly.

One of my first mentors was a lesbian woman. Incredibly accomplished. Brilliant mind. Plus a killer sense of humor. Definitely not a PC person. She looked out for me in my career. Always appreciated it.

Jan 14, 2013
    Millersville, MD
    So, right now a small group is expressing interest in gun ownership, but not necessarily looking to take a 2a stand. Got it, it is there right and they want to use it. I don't think they are wanting a particular organization around firearms. Yet, they didn't know where to turn really, and if there was a PP Chapter there 1 people would know that LGBTQ are arming themselves and serve as a deterrent, and be a light house for others that don't know where to turn. Hopefully a light house that stands in this state for a long time.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    So, right now a small group is expressing interest in gun ownership, but not necessarily looking to take a 2a stand. Got it, it is there right and they want to use it. I don't think they are wanting a particular organization around firearms. Yet, they didn't know where to turn really, and if there was a PP Chapter there 1 people would know that LGBTQ are arming themselves and serve as a deterrent, and be a light house for others that don't know where to turn. Hopefully a light house that stands in this state for a long time.

For starters like I said in the other thread why not just direct them here and let them get their feet wet.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    So, right now a small group is expressing interest in gun ownership, but not necessarily looking to take a 2a stand.

That's a positive thing. People don't have to jump in with both feet right away, and sometimes (and particularly so with something like guns that a lot of people have a ton of preconceived ideas about) that's a fairly scary thing anyways. The fact that they're showing interest in gun ownership itself is good.

Now it's time to get them to the range, show them how to shoot, and introduce them slowly. Give them positive experiences in the beginning, in a supportive atmosphere, and with time they'll get on board.

LGBTQ folks, I've found, are predisposed to being ready to fight for their rights, due to the situation that our society has traditionally put them in. Once they're comfortable in guns and gun ownership, they'll be ready for the 2A push.

I'm not near you (I am up in White Marsh) but I'd be willing to try and help out if there were people in this general area who wanted to learn to shoot.

Jagzilla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013

Looks like several instructors have offered their help. Would it make sense to have a gathering someplace, maybe at the ACG for a basic safety class, introduction in MD handgun laws? Or maybe at a hotel conference site on some Saturday, more neutral and usually cheap. Mission creates communifty; an organizing axiom.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Whatever we can do to help. Normalizing the handling and use of firearms, and showing how to do it safely, would be a good start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom