• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    I don't know what I was thinking.
    I've heard the stories from friends, and decided buying a firearm from Bass Pro Shops is not something I would do.
    I knew that they keep the trigger locks on. Making it pretty much impossible to get a true feel of the gun in your hand. I knew that after a purchase, they walk you to the door like a child, and Hand you your Gun outside. (Don't understand that Logic....if someone really wanted to use it, couldn't they just walk right back in with it?) . I also know that with every handgun purchase , they require you purchase a brand new internal locking device. Even if you already own several in that caliber and bring it with you. (If it's mandatory they tack $20 on to each purchase...they SHOULD tack it onto the sale price you see before buying the gun)...So ...basically...I know buying guns from Bass Pro SUCKS! (Handguns anyway)
    But they did have some ammo at a decent price, so I went over there last Wednesday, found the ammo I came for. THEN THE NEXT THING I KNEW....I purchased a new handgun. I don't know what happened! I normally purchase my handguns at A&D Pawn in Glen Burnie, or order it online to a local FFL. But A&D didn't have the model I wanted , and I saw it RIGHT THERE in Bass Pro and just reacted. I've purchased 3 handguns in the last year from A&D. And after completing the Paperwork, I picked my guns up exactly 7 days from that time. In fact they tell me , since MSP changed everything around in 2014 they usually get paperwork back before they can legally hand over the firearm.
    So 8 days later I stopped in to Bass Pro to pick up my new purchase . Went back to the gun counter...Gave them my name, and the rep. went to check in the back ..."No it's not in....we'll call you when it is".....I then asked how long does it normally take? The Guy said " Normally 11 BUSINESS DAYS" ....
    WHAT.?....I Just left, wondering why.
    It's not like I NEED THAT GUN NOW!!!..But what is the deal with that? I paid for it. Now give it to me!
    I know for a fact MSP has their act together for the most part..but 11 business days? That's over 2 weeks.
    Now I was one of the lucky Marylanders who purchased regulated firearms in February of 2013. So I Know what it's like to wait. I waited just about 3 months for one handgun purchase. And about went insane like a lot of us did.
    I'd really like to know why Bass pro is taking so long ....most likely it's "Because they can " ...They probably have enough Newbie mall walking clientele walking through, buying their first gun to keep them selling enough that they don't have to worry about making customers happy with speedy service.
    It's my guess they are selling guns , and they have their own behind the scenes documentation that goes along with sending in, and receiving the MSP paperwork, and they must let that stack up until someone does it. Who knows.
    All I DO KNOW....."Never Again" ...I'll make my purchases elsewhere. Even if it costs me a lot more.

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I too went through the same bp experience. Waited about 15 days for pickup because they scheduled a pick up time and date for you. Not just come in its good to go.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    My recollection is that Bass Pro does send in the forms more in batches, and not like right after the ink is dry on your transaction.

As for the gun walk, welcome to Liability Theater, where no one applauds the show. Bass Pro simply wants it on the video record that "a gunman entered the mall from the parking lot" to inflict carnage rather than the narrative be that he sprinted straight from the gun case.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    I stopped buying firearms there when they demanded to see my HQL before taking a handgun out of the case for me to look at.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    Yeah...I'm really regretting the whole thing. But I'm heading to Florida for business in a month. I'll have a lot of free time while there. I've been wanting a lighter gun for pocket carry. For when I'm not wearing a belt. And it was RIGHT THERE IN THE GLASS!! I was hoping to get it broken In and ready to go.. I even bought the pocket holster, and a bigger "Pelican" case so I can pack 2 handguns on my flight.

FoxtrotAviator

Apr 7, 2013
    Well.....Also that "Bacon Jerky" is pretty good. I grab a bag each time I go....And Not much of it makes it home...I have to admit , Driving home with a Brand new handgun, Ammo, and a bag of bacon jerky = a good day.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Well.....Also that "Bacon Jerky" is pretty good. I grab a bag each time I go....And Not much of it makes it home...I have to admit , Driving home with, a Brand new handgun, Ammo, and a bag of bacon jerky and waiting two weeks to pick up a handgun = a good day.

:innocent0

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    BP in Arundel Mills is pretty much a fishing tackle store that sells clothing and little odds and ends. I go once in awhile for window shopping. A lot of their stuff is crap that Walmart sells too, just without the WM people experience.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom