• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What do you guys think of Fulton Armory? I own nothing from them; more curious than anything else.

As far as Noveske goes; I got a Noveske barrel that I installed in a SOTAR build class - it would not chamber a 223 or 5.56 GO gauge without a ream. And they sent with it a "matched" bolt, ha ha.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    I own a few high dollar rigs from LWRC, POF, Troy, but my favorite is by Primary Weapon Systems. Plenty of standard(ish) DI guns in the collection, but I'm a piston driven fan :P

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Black Rain and POF come to mind....

I do not own a black rain built rifle but their receiver sets are some of the best. There lowers have tensioning screws so you can use any upper and tighten up any slop. Their billet receivers are gorgeous used their billet receiver set to do a blackout build.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    LWRC for me. I've got several for our AR class for years. Thousand and Thousands of rounds.. The factory is less than 30 miles from us and we've had zero problems. These are all piston guns and range in caliber from 556 to 6.8.
    I personally own Colt, Daniel Defense and Engage in DI carbines . No problems with them either. The one's I had problems with have been ones I've put together. Love you Chad!!!

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    LWRC for me. I've got several for our AR class for years. Thousand and Thousands of rounds.. The factory is less than 30 miles from us and we've had zero problems. These are all piston guns and range in caliber from 556 to 6.8.
    I personally own Colt, Daniel Defense and Engage in DI carbines . No problems with them either. The one's I had problems with have been ones I've put together. Love you Chad!!!

Have you tried LWRC's DI rifle yet, or have you seen one used in one of your classes? How did it do? I have an IC-Enhanced and a REPR. I have been thinking of adding a DI rifle from LWRC. DI is much cheaper.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Have you tried LWRC's DI rifle yet, or have you seen one used in one of your classes? How did it do? I have an IC-Enhanced and a REPR. I have been thinking of adding a DI rifle from LWRC. DI is much cheaper.

*****I have this LWRC DI rifle and I am VERY happy with it. Very accurate with standard 55 grain ball ammo. Consistent 1 inch groups or a bit less if I use better quality 62 grain match ammo at 100 yards. The finish is superb and the bolt, carrier, etc.. are clearly of much better quality than my cheapie AR's from higher volume manufacturers that sell at a much lower price point. I use this particular rifle as my HD rifle. Easy to shoot, and everything fits nicely...

Attachments

• LWRC.jpg
      LWRC.jpg
      85.1 KB · Views: 355

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    *****I have this LWRC DI rifle and I am VERY happy with it. Very accurate with standard 55 grain ball ammo. Consistent 1 inch groups or a bit less if I use better quality 62 grain match ammo at 100 yards. The finish is superb and the bolt, carrier, etc.. are clearly of much better quality than my cheapie AR's from higher volume manufacturers that sell at a much lower price point. I use this particular rifle as my HD rifle. Easy to shoot, and everything fits nicely...
    1inch my arse. That thing can barely get close to 2 feet.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    A Gas Piston Manufacturers Rep didn't appreciate me crap talking Nickle Boron a few years back. He asked why I disliked the coating and I explained the problems I have seen. He said they don't have that problem. Less than a year later they dumped NiB Bolts (They still do NiB on the Carrier).

I posted similar things about the same conpanys G.P. AR's beating the fixed piston gas system to death when a can was attached. The conpany rep and other fans claimed I was being dishonest about the issues I saw. About a year later the adjustable system popped up.

Makes me wonder how much research, development, and live fire testing really happened.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

You know I love ya brother.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland

I have one of the LWRC DI Carbines. Its a nice shooter, integral gas key, good ss trigger, contemporary furniture. Definitely a step or two up but apparently not to the level of some of the other upper tier makers.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I made my own Gucci AR. Proof Carbon fiber barrel, SLR titanium brake, geissele trigger, young mfg chrome bcg, SLR adjustable gas, Aero monolithic upper

Had Chad go thru everything and set it up. I love it

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I made my own Gucci AR. Proof Carbon fiber barrel, SLR titanium brake, geissele trigger, young mfg chrome bcg, SLR adjustable gas, Aero monolithic upper

Had Chad go thru everything and set it up. I love it

Is that a rifle or race car... :innocent0

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    A Gas Piston Manufacturers Rep didn't appreciate me crap talking Nickle Boron a few years back. He asked why I disliked the coating and I explained the problems I have seen. He said they don't have that problem. Less than a year later they dumped NiB Bolts (They still do NiB on the Carrier).

I posted similar things about the same conpanys G.P. AR's beating the fixed piston gas system to death when a can was attached. The conpany rep and other fans claimed I was being dishonest about the issues I saw. About a year later the adjustable system popped up.

Makes me wonder how much research, development, and live fire testing really happened.

doesn't take much to figure out who you're referring to here LOL

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Never understood the allure of the GP AR. I have shot a few LWRC's ARs and to tell you the truth besides a different recoil feel (neither good or bad) they were nothing special that made say, "oh I need one of these." Throw in the non standardization I can't trust in 20 years I will find the parts I need if I buy Brand X.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    doesn't take much to figure out who you're referring to here LOL

;)

My critique often makes me a target, so I have to minimize what I share.

Never understood the allure of the GP AR. I have shot a few LWRC's ARs and to tell you the truth besides a different recoil feel (neither good or bad) they were nothing special that made say, "oh I need one of these." Throw in the non standardization I can't trust in 20 years I will find the parts I need if I buy Brand X.

People believe the propaganda about the D.I. and are convinced or duped into believing G.P. is an improvement.

They ignore the things that had to be grought to market to fix the problems G.P. AR systems create like faster unlocking and bolt breakage, especially with a suppressor (fluted Chambers, roller cams, and adjustable gas), carrier tilt (beefed carrier tails and modified receiver extensions), carrier key breakage (monolithic carrier and key).

The bolt breakage issues has much to do with bolt load when unlocking. G.P. AR designs add more bolt lug load due to the way it works. D.I. removes load when unlocking, which reduces bolt stress.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My list would be something like ADM, HK (brand only), POF, PWS, KAC, and (pre-Colt) LWRC. Barrett REC7 comes close, too.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    ;)

My critique often makes me a target, so I have to minimize what I share.

People believe the propaganda about the D.I. and are convinced or duped into believing G.P. is an improvement.

They ignore the things that had to be grought to market to fix the problems G.P. AR systems create like faster unlocking and bolt breakage, especially with a suppressor (fluted Chambers, roller cams, and adjustable gas), carrier tilt (beefed carrier tails and modified receiver extensions), carrier key breakage (monolithic carrier and key).

The bolt breakage issues has much to do with bolt load when unlocking. G.P. AR designs add more bolt lug load due to the way it works. D.I. removes load when unlocking, which reduces bolt stress.

Thanks for that operational tidbit. With that knowledge it seems a piston AR is a design conflict. Happens when a system is retrofitted to work on a operational parameter for which is wasn’t designed to do. Not a strength or frequency of operation issue, but operating principle. That todbit sheds alot of light on a couple of diffetent things. Thankie.

Many times less is more

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom