• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    ^^^ This. Right here.

A lot of us older guys were raised in traditionally strict, religious, conservative households. My old man was career Navy 1941-1966 but he raised my brothers and sisters and I to believe that what goes-on behind closed doors is nobody's business. We're all Americans. The freedoms of privacy and individual choice is something we hold in the highest regard and will defend with our lives, if necessary.

And there you have it. Exactly right! BOOM! DONE!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Best of luck! As others have said, the more folks fighting for the 2A the better! Also, the more diverse the 2a community becomes the faster we'll be able to knock down some of the stereotypes that all gun owners are homophobic, racist, old white guys.

One thing I'd add is that in addition to the self defense, and activism angle we shouldn't forget the fun angle! Shooting is fun, and that helps drive the enthusiasm we need.

Another aspect of the fun angle and activism - it's always a great time to hang out with like-minded people of all stripes outdoors with sighs. :D

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Says it all.

Jan 14, 2013
    Millersville, MD
    Thank you all. I think this issue is no longer pending. I gave the group information, and I think it is a personal choice that they need to work through individually. I gave them information for this thread as well. I am so grateful to you all.

Sorry I wasn't responsive for awhile. I had two rounds of strep and working on a masters.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Thank you all. I think this issue is no longer pending. I gave the group information, and I think it is a personal choice that they need to work through individually. I gave them information for this thread as well. I am so grateful to you all.

Sorry I wasn't responsive for awhile. I had two rounds of strep and working on a masters.

If you still have access to the Pink Pistols can you let them know about the 7 February rally as well?

Thread link here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=204871

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

You made the effort to reach out and supply them with information. That's all anyone can really do in this life. Taking personal responsibility and action is kind of at the heart of the 2A and self protection issue.

Hope you are back on your feet. It could have been worse... a round of strep and working on two Masters. ;) If you are fully recovered, I hope you will join in the fun in Annapolis on February 7th!

Feb 22, 2012
    Baltimore County
    Best of luck! As others have said, the more folks fighting for the 2A the better! Also, the more diverse the 2a community becomes the faster we'll be able to knock down some of the stereotypes that all gun owners are homophobic, racist, old white guys.

One thing I'd add is that in addition to the self defense, and activism angle we shouldn't forget the fun angle! Shooting is fun, and that helps drive the enthusiasm we need.

Absolutely agree 100%.

Also, as an instructor, the only thing I care about it a student's desire to learn how to safely and effectively use/store/maintain a firearm. The fact that someone wants to improve their knowledge and skills regarding firearms and firearm safety means that them and me (they and I?) have a lot in common.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom