• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    Wouldn't go to anyone other than Joe at SureShot. Glad he's in the Pasadena area.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I use SureShot and will continue to do so.

Ill agree having normal hours or in concrete hours would be more beneficial than "by appointment only".

Why was the window only 5-10 mins? Were you trying to pick up a firearm same day as it arrived?

Also, perhaps he couldnt be late for something else and that's why he couldnt wait an 10-15 mins?

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    Never tried SureShot myself, so I'm not commenting on them.

I used to do all mine thru Bart's (before I moved), and they always took care of me. Kinda' surprised I don't hear folks recommending them?

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012

I used to do all mine thru Bart's (before I moved), and they always took care of me. Kinda' surprised I don't hear folks recommending them?

Bart's is higher price and won't let you bring your own lock - they make you buy one of theirs.

Meditator

Dec 9, 2007
    Bethesda MD
    Sureshot

I asked Joe to do transfer for my Verp308 just last week; I did use his service a few times before- like always no problem. I probably will continue to use his service since his rate is also very affordable- especially for MD Shooters member.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

I thought I had quite the ego, until Iv'e gone in there a couple times. Wow.
    Plus their prices appear to be a bit on the higher side I think?

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    Interesting feedback on Barts, thanks. I've never had a problem with them, and they're always on time and communicative. I definitely bought a lock every time (have a box of them now) and think I paid $50 for fees, what's "normal"?

mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    Well I found a new FFL and he is going to help me with transfer. Since Joe would not do my paperwork for me because I am a few minutes late so I am forced to find a new FFL. He asked for money for wasted effort in which I will do so. I provided my new FFL funding to pay Joe off for his effort. They are supposed to schedule for drop off and my funding will be exchanged at point of exchange. At this point, I just want to start on paperwork on my new toy.

mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    Interesting feedback on Barts, thanks. I've never had a problem with them, and they're always on time and communicative. I definitely bought a lock every time (have a box of them now) and think I paid $50 for fees, what's "normal"?

I purchased from Barts before and friends got various gun from Mr. Bart. The old man is nice and pleasure to deal with. However, they don't seem to be happy when I asked to see to do FFL transfer on internet sale. I guess that they are in "sale business" not paper work. I respect that.

mousetom78

BANNED!!!
    Aug 31, 2013
    Dena, Md
    Have you considered Select Fire? ;)

My old lady got a gun from Select Fire. She got her guns there because it was before SB281 rush. Their customer service is poor at range. They turned on the light off and on to get our attention on us and other few other shooters when we were shooting at the range. It is because they want to tell us that it is closing at 8:30pm. :tdown: That's not safe because we were handling life weapon.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    My old lady got a gun from Select Fire. She got her guns there because it was before SB281 rush. Their customer service is poor at range. They turned on the light off and on to get our attention on us and other few other shooters when we were shooting at the range. It is because they want to tell us that it is closing at 8:30pm. :tdown: That's not safe because we were handling life weapon.

Not a suprise. My post was pure sarcasm. One of the morons that works there used to come on this forum and agrue with it's members.:sad20:

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena

if you don't mind sharing those multiple locks, please send me a PM. Trying to recreate the Handgun Lock Exchange and need members to submit data. Thanks.

Here is the thread: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=157391

Terphunter

Jul 25, 2012
    I did two internet transfers from Buds last summer/fall at Barts and found them friendly and easy to deal with. One for a lower and another for a Glock 19....no problems.

Buds was super easy as well.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom