• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The environmentalists want to close 446,760 acres of public land to target shooters when the BLM says it is OK. Until 2015 you could target shoot on all 496,400 acres but because of environmentalist complaints the BLM reconsidered and restricted almost 50,000 acres now those environmentalists are still not happy because they want to close the entire area. Just like gun grabbers will never be happy until all guns are banned the environmentalists want all shooting banned.

Map showing the Sonoran Desert National Monument and the closed areas.
    https://luke.isportsman.net/files/maps/SDNM_17x23_2016.pdf

The trouble is some people just CANNOT STAND to have others enjoying themselves. They take it as a Divine Charter to forbid as much as they can until everything is forbidden. Then they move on to a different location to start all over again.

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    Hmmm...seems like the same argument could be made about permitting 100,000 illegals to cross protected desert while invading the country. The environmental damage from the invasion is rather well documented.

It's funny how environmentalists pick and choose when and where they want to protect the environment.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    In a related note, idiots screwing things up for people who don’t abuse things. Folks out in Cali, SW of Vegas are popping burros. Just because. In the era of they’re all bad because one is, its easy to see how this’ll play out. In the vein of tin foil, conspiracy theories and false flag attacks, it will be interesting to see who is behind this. Nice reward, hope someone gets to collect soon.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/58k-offer...40&cid=clicksource_4380645_null_headlines_hed

KenS

Roof Rack
    Aug 12, 2019
    Howard County
    Not trying to pick and choose which issue to address.

Simply pointing out a known tactic used to distract and divide us. The original issue was trash left by shooters.

If a neighbor talks about the trash left in the park and how it endangers kids and pets who play there, does it make sense to ignore it because there is much more trash left somewhere else?

I suggest all sources of the trash need to be addressed, but the reasons and solutions are often unrelated.

Shooters leaving trash behind because they're likely lazy, slobs, and lack self-respect. They drive out to the shooting site, and could easily carry out their own trash. The problem seems to me to be solely a matter of the shooter's mindset.

When I'm done at the range, I clean up all the shells and trash I generate as well as what others left in the vicinity. Whether or not others do so is not under my control. I can and will point out the brooms and trash/casingreceptacles if someone else is leaving trash behind.

One can be a shooter and an environmentalist; the two are not mutually exclusive.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    When I was a teenager we used to go out to Whiteford Quarries to shoot all the time. Parts of it were like a trash dump, old tv's, washing machines, refrigerators, etc.
    I never left my trash behind, always carried out everything I brought there (with the exception of 22 brass) Just like the streets of Baltimore City, some people just don't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom