Baltimore Police Officer Robbed and Shot (in broad daylight)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    :sad20:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/c...0190808-j4igsthde5epdcxvgeffueyk6q-story.html

Harrison said Carrington was standing outside his home speaking with a neighbor when a car, believed to be an Acura, pulled onto the street and at least one masked male pulled out a gun and demanded their property.

The neighbor threw what he had to the ground and took off running, while Carrington began running in the opposite direction, Harrison said. The gunman followed Carrington and shot him multiple times, the commissioner said.

Here's hoping that the animals that did this are quickly impounded and euthanized.

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    Man, that is sad, but not surprising. What is it going to take for Baltimore to wake up and push for CCW?

"This proves citizens dont need to carry. A highly trained officer who could carry legally was not able to defend himself, so how do the masses expect to be able to? What we need to do is make sure nobody has the means to injure others."

- Baltimore ( Probably )

n1hook

Feb 28, 2010
    Parkville
    Was he armed baltimore police officers used to be required to be armed at all times?

The thugs run the streets and what does the mayor do use tax dollars to pay for free lawyers for illegal aliens.

Was he armed baltimore police officers used to be required to be armed at all times?

The thugs run the streets and what does the mayor do use tax dollars to pay for free lawyers for illegal aliens.

Does not sound like he was armed. City police are required to carry while in the city but this officer was at home in his own yard. Maybe he just went out to get the mail or was doing yard work.

I always carry while outside doing yard work and such for this very reason, shit is getting out of control.

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    "This proves citizens dont need to carry. A highly trained officer who could carry legally was not able to defend himself, so how do the masses expect to be able to? What we need to do is make sure nobody has the means to injure others."

- Baltimore ( Probably )

And that is exactly how an anti gunner would slant it, too. If he ran then I think we could assume that he did not have his gun on him. A little piece of fact that we will never be privy to.

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013

Not anymore. Former Commissioner Kevin Davis changed that policy in 2016. Yet another in a long line of decisions he made which damaged the BPD.

Previously, Officers were required to be "suitably armed" at all times off duty while within the City of Baltimore with few exceptions. Baltimore City Police Officers are no longer required to be armed while off duty under any circumstances. Apparently, too many snowflakes whined about how inconvenient it was to carry a holstered pistol. This despite the fact that the department authorizes numerous off duty handguns including the tiny Glock 42.

IMHO, anyone who is allowed to carry a firearm in Baltimore City but chooses not to should have their head examined. As far as going drinking goes, you can drink while armed but not to the point of impairment. Anyone who thinks that getting drunk is more important than defending ones self or others is unfit for police service. I would also like to add the my comments about being armed are meant generally and have nothing to do with the specifics of this case. I don't know whether or Sgt Carrington was armed or not and I'm not blaming him either way as he was standing by his front door. My comments relate to the new mindset that being a Cop is just a job, no different from working at Wal-Mart and that when your shift is over, your duty ends. I strongly disagree.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not anymore. Former Commissioner Kevin Davis changed that policy in 2016. Yet another in a long line of decisions he made which damaged the BPD.

Previously, Officers were required to be "suitably armed" at all times off duty while within the City of Baltimore with few exceptions. Baltimore City Police Officers are no longer required to be armed while off duty under any circumstances. Apparently, too many snowflakes whined about how inconvenient it was to carry a holstered pistol. This despite the fact that the department authorizes numerous off duty handguns including the tiny Glock 42.

IMHO, anyone who is allowed to carry a firearm in Baltimore City but chooses not to should have their head examined. As far as going drinking goes, you can drink while armed but not to the point of impairment. Anyone who thinks that getting drunk is more important than defending ones self or others is unfit for police service. I would also like to add the my comments about being armed are meant generally and have nothing to do with the specifics of this case. I don't know whether or Sgt Carrington was armed or not and I'm not blaming him either way as he was standing by his front door. My comments relate to the new mindset that being a Cop is just a job, no different from working at Wal-Mart and that when your shift is over, your duty ends. I strongly disagree.

Absolutely absurd policy but not surprising.

Always enjoy your insight.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads